$100K — $150K *
Bowhead is seeking a Data Analyst to join our team in Washington DC to provide technical support to the National Center for Statistics and Analysis for issues related to motor vehicle crashes. Our contract supports the Department of Transportation (DoT) National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and the Data Analyst will analyze motor vehicle crash data and reporting retrieved from computerized databases, data analysis and technical documentation.
Essential functions will include:
• Providing data visualization support in analyzing motor vehicle traffic crash data and reporting trends, in response to a large volume of data requests from within and outside of NHTSA.
• Properly applying various database management methods within Tableau.
• Developing new and improved techniques for data query and data mining.
• Web delivery of analysis and reporting.
• Developing Visual Analytics and Business Intelligence Dashboards.
• May be called upon to complete statistical data processing as needed.
About this Contract providing Engineering, Statistical, and Technical Support Services (ESTS): This work provides support to the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Bowhead delivers to DOT NHTSA critical safety data and analysis for distribution to the public. Other areas of support include: Vehicle Crash Evaluation and Engineering Research Support, Web Page Design and Development, and Database Analytics and Database Research Support.
Requirements • Master’s degree in Data Analysis or related technical field is preferred however a Bachelor’s degree in the related field and at least six (6) semester hours of Data Visualization coursework is required at a minimum
• Must have a minimum of one year experience working with complex projects involving large databases
• Must have at least two to five (2 – 5) years of experience with Tableau
• Must have demonstrable past experience with data analysis, business intelligence and visual analytics
• Qualified candidates must have excellent technical writing and communication skills; will be required to create and present data both orally and in writing
• Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office software suite, specifically Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to obtain a security clearance at the Public Trust level. A minimum of three (3) years US residency, or US Citizenship, is required for a Public Trust clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
Valid through: 9/24/2020