We are seeking a talented data specialist to join our highly motivated and innovative Data Engineering team. You'll be part of a close knit, dynamic team of passionate individuals critical to the success of Two Sigma's business.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Analyze and curate massive amounts of data for thousands of different tradable instruments, including stocks, bonds, futures, contracts, commodities, and more;
- Create systematic, automated processes and tools that allow the team to scale and rapidly onboard new datasets;
- Collaborate with business partners, software engineers, and other data analysts to understand business needs and then design and develop reliable data pipelines that produce high quality datasets;
- Support the day to day operations of Two Sigma by applying problem solving, pattern detection, and root cause analysis to a wide range of data issues in a fast paced environment;
- Help drive continuous improvements to the team’s data quality procedures and a consistent approach to how data quality is measured, monitored and reported;
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 3+ years professional experience in an environment that prioritizes data quality
- A bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record, which includes university coursework in programming and computing systems
- Exposure to hands-on Python and SQL coding in the context of data pipelining in a professional environment. Prior experience with Jira, Bash, GIT desired.
- While financial industry experience is a plus, we are open-minded in our search for critical thinkers who are passionate about technology and data.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves