Data analystresponsibilities include conducting full lifecycle activities to include requirements analysis and design, developing analysis and reporting capabilities, and continuously monitoring performance and quality control plans to identify improvements. Assists the business in turning data into information, turning information into insight and insight into decisions. Applies specialized domain knowledge in monitoring, assessing, analyzing and/or evaluating processes and data. Makes judgements and recommendations based on analysis and knowledge.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Data Analyst is responsible for providing requirements, data research and support for the Investment Data Group.
- Interprets data and analyzes results using statistical techniques and provides ongoing reports.
- Develops and implements data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality.
- Acquires data from primary or secondary data sources and maintains databases/data systems.
- Identifies, analyzes, and interprets trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Filters and “cleans” data, and reviews computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems.
- Works closely with management to prioritize business and information needs.
- Locates and defines new process improvement opportunities.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business or related degree and a minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience or combination of education, training and experience.
- Financial Services experience highly preferred.
- Key responsibilities include process documentation, development and creation of training and reference materials for EDM team members.
- Effectively communicate business requirements as they relate to system enhancements as well as progress for defect remediation.
- Working with the technology team to prioritize features and collaborates with other business units and technology teams as necessary for advanced service escalations.
- Consults with users to identify, analyze, refine and document business requirements.
- Participate in UAT testing when required, and serves as a resource to support key department initiatives.
- Knowledge of the following highly preferred:
- Data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Reporting packages, databases (SQL, etc.), data mining and research ( ETL frameworks, etc.)