As a Technology Development (TD) Data Analytics Engineer at Micron Technology, Inc., you will be responsible for providing data collection, data analysis, and/or visualization solutions related to Fab operations, quality, variation, and yield to promote a data-driven benchmarking culture enabling TD to meet their strategic objectives in technology development and Micron’s position as a global leader in memory and storage solutions.
In this role you will interact and collaborate with several data systems, engineering, and manufacturing teams supporting all TD groups. You will interpret and communicate insights and analysis findings to operations and engineering teams. You will provide feedback and insight of partner requirements to the development teams creating new analytic tools. You be responsible for utilizing new and existing analytics tools to address process and product concerns from TD engineering teams as well as training them in their use. Your efforts will drive improvements to processes and enable TD to meet cycle time and transfer timelines.
Responsibilities and Tasks
PROVIDE ON-DEMAND DATA ANALYSIS OF ENGINEERING PROBLEM STATEMENTS
- Maintain an understanding of company and department strategies and goals
- Partner with engineering teams to understand technology limitations and process gaps
- Perform data analysis and mining to help generate solutions to business and technical problems
- Utilize analytics solutions created by the Data Science teams to address identified problems, enabling Technology Development to meet key cycle time and transfer schedule objectives
- Explore relevant data through visualization and statistical methods
COLLECT, ORGANIZE, AND PREPARE DATA FOR ANALYSIS
- Collaborate with stakeholders across Technology Development to develop best-in-class interactive experiences that meet the business objectives of the organization and advance our data visualization positioning and information-based decision making
- Work with various volumes of data from multiple disparate sources and what is relevant
- Manage and optimize data discovery, cleansing and integrity
- Collaborate with data architects (e.g. IS engineers, DBAs, Data Science) to ensure that data needed is available
- Develop and automate ETL jobs for various volumes of data
- Identify new data sources in the network that will create new insights to business needs
DRIVE DATA ANALYTICS SOLUTIONS TO ADDRESS BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES AND VALUE
- Translate business problems into projects and solutions
- Understand business processes (data sources and meaning)
- As required, provide feedback in analysis, design, statistical/model algorithm review, and testing sessions to the teams creating the analytics solutions
- Participate with developers on integration and user acceptance testing of data collection forms and analytics solutions
- Learn to use data solutions and coach/mentor partner groups on data driven solutions and decision making
- Demonstrate the functional and technical skills necessary to switch between various software, analysis and development technologies/frameworks, and merge them to provide the best solution
- Deep interest and aptitude in telling stories with data
- Excellent communication skills-both written and oral
- Ability to work through ambiguous situations to drive work product delivery
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to progress multiple projects in parallel
- Ability to collaborate and build consensus for creative ideas
- Maintain a strong relationship with peer groups and leaders in other functional areas
- Offer and communicate strategic ideas and thinking to meeting TD objectives
- Build and maintain external and internal relationships to broaden influence and increase learning opportunities
- Listen to customers and stakeholders input and feedback, and act to maximize benefit to Micron to meet corporate goals
- Keep stakeholders and team members informed on project status, progress, roadblocks, and opportunities
- Promote world-wide knowledge sharing and transfer
AS REQUIRED, DEVELOP AND DELIVER TRAINING AND TRAINING MATERIALS ON CONTROL SYSTEMS AND RELATED TOPICS TO SUPPORT A TRAINED AND EFFECTIVE WORKFORCE
- Partner with Data Science and Engineering leadership teams to evaluate when analytics solution should be rolled out to a wider workforce instead of utilized by the Data Analytics team
- Work with Workforce Development training group for internal training development
- Delivery of training / classes
- Provide overview information on available analytics solutions, enabling partner teams to understand the support available
- Offer 1 on 1 support
- Computer Science
- Applied Mathematics
2 years’ experience in any of the following:
- Excellent customer service skills, an outgoing personality for working with several partner groups.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess strong analytical, mathematical, problem solving skills.
- Capable of extracting data from any source.
- Proficient in at least one of Java, Python, NumPy, Perl, C/C++, SQL, NoSQL (Mongo DB, Hadoop, Cassandra), R, JMP, Machine/Statistical Learning, Tableau, Y3, DataNavigator, Teradata SQL, etc.
- Familiar with statistics (understand mean, sigma, p value, anova, regression, data mining concept, SPC, etc.) and willing to learnstatistics extensively as an expert in the future.
- Passion for data analysis and delivering data solutions to help others make faster data driven decisions.
- Possess the ability to work in several areas of a development life cycle independently or as part of a team.
- Able to manage multiple projects and tasks concurrently.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Active team participation, demonstrated teamwork, and consensus building skills.
- Experience working in a semiconductor manufacturing environment a plus.