We are seeking an exceptional Data Analyst who will help improve the lives of our Northern California patients and communities. You will develop insights, visualizations and analysis that deepen our understanding of patients’ needs, desires and perceptions through actionable insights that are timely, accurate and actionable.
The Data Analyst plays a critical role in understanding the Patient Experience by managing analytics, forecasting, Tableau dashboards, and communications to key stakeholders, committees and leadership. You will develop KPIs and manage large scale projects by synthesizing large complex data sets into reports and insights that are actionable, influential, and impactful.
- Own the development, design and maintenance of key ongoing metrics, forecasts, and reports on the key drivers of patient experience and satisfaction
- Enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources into intuitive and digestible reports
- Develop a thorough understanding of what patients are feeling, thinking, and needing in their interactions with Sutter
- Analyze key insight trends and build models using statistical rigor that assist in creating better services through thought leadership
- Knowledge and direct experience using business intelligence reporting tools (e.g. Tableau, Business Objects, etc.) to develop intuitive and actionable visualizations
- Knowledge of SQL and experience with accessing large data sets
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analysis and report retrieval
- Assists in managing outside vendors by ensuring partners are accurate, timely, and accountable for their deliverables
- Serves as an effective communicator and data support to key stakeholders, leaders, and teams
- Eager to learn new processes and tools
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent education/experience required
- Knowledge and use of Tableau or comparable Business Intelligence reporting tool (MicroStrategy, Cognos) highly desirable.
- Intermediate capabilities with Excel, Access and other analytical tools to enable forecasting and modeling to answer advanced business questions
- Strong project management skills, experience conveying key insights and analysis in summarized business terms
- History of proven results in application of strategic and financial analysis.
- Exposure to data science programming languages, like R or Python, preferred
- 5+ years' experience with data analysis in the healthcare industry preferred.