The Data Analyst provides expertise in the retrieval and analysis of clinical and/or administrative data. Providing guidance and support to leaders in the collection and reporting of data that supports the organizational strategic, business and clinical program development plans. Act as an independent project manager, as well as a facilitator, to teams and/or individuals in obtaining data that will answer clinical or business questions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Extract, analyze, and interpret healthcare and/or financial data to address business applications regarding clinical service utilization, health and economic outcomes, quality of healthcare, strategic growth and program development.
· Analyze, develop and support data/process models, reports and processes.
· Develop standardized reports on healthcareutilization trends, financial impact derived from the strategic goals, etc.
· Work closely with operations and IT to ensure all necessary Client data (eg Lab, Rx, Claims/Encounters, EDI) feed into Sg2 and/or CMA forecasting tools.
· Ensure quality and accuracy of the data mapped from staging environments to the target reporting environments.
· Develops high-quality, professional narrative and graphics to accompany data. Ensures consistency amongst reports.
· Reviews reports with internal stakeholders to ensure appropriate data interpretation and use.
· Track issues with reports, including defects in logic, data quality problems, and process errors.
· Develop tools for monitoring data quality and work with data governance team to assist in development of corrective action plans.
· Assist with analytics for new business development projects (service line analysis).
· Assist with analytics for existing facilities and existing service offerings.
· Assist with analytics for proposals, proformas, vendor agreements and new business plans.
· Assist with the development of detailed competitive analyses for a variety of health care services.
· Assist with the development of physician manpower analyses.
· Performs general decision and support activities and participates in ad hoc committees as needed.
· Supports and promotes the mission and values of Covenant Health and the Catholic Health Ministry.
· Other duties as consistent with this role.
Job knowledge and skills
· Experience utilizing Microsoft technologies, Tableau and/or other data analysis programs.
· Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel essential.
· Knowledge of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) is helpful.
· Experience with data warehouses and data governance is helpful.
· Experience using statistical methods to evaluate healthcareclaims data is a plus.
· Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form to a widely diverse audience.
· Strong organizational skills with proven ability to successfully manage multiple complex projects.
Education & Experience
· Bachelor's Degree in Statistics, Finance, Economics or related degree. Master's degreepreferred.
· Minimum 5 years of experience in similar position. 2+ years of health care industry experience is preferred.