Data Analyst Senior – Cutaneous Oncology Program
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center is internationally recognized for our focus on personalized cancer care and translational research. The mission of Moffitt is clear, focused, and fully stated in nine words, “To contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer.” With a tradition of excellence that began with the first patient admission in 1986, dedicated Moffitt physicians, scientists, and staff members have remained committed to excellence in an atmosphere characterized by kindness, caring, and hope.
The Senior Data Analyst position is an integral part of the Cutaneous Oncology Department and the Moffitt Cancer Center. Analyzes data on all new and established Cutaneous patients in order to produce and maintain the most up-to-date patient data. This data is used to produce patient data outcomes and is presented at meetings and published in scientific journals worldwide. The position plays an integral role in presentations and publications.
- Clinical data abstraction and analysis
- Research and reporting
- Database management
The Ideal Candidate:
- Demonstrates strong clinical data abstraction and/or data management experience within electronic or other forms of medical record keeping.
- Experience utilizing database technology and EMR (Electronic Medical Records) in a Medical and/or research facility.
- Skilled in reporting data for stakeholders, research journals and publications.
- Dedicated professional who demonstrates a passion for our mission, and who takes pride in delivering world class service in a collaborative, team-centric learning environment.
- The successful candidate will be a superior communicator, an engaged team member, and a knowledgeable, focused individual.
- Analyzes data on all new and established Cutaneous patients in order to produce and maintain the most up-to-date patient data to be presented at meetings and published in scientific journals worldwide.
- Support the efforts of data abstractors with reviewing medical records including but not limited to demographic, surgical, pathological, and mortality information from the patient's medical history.
- Performs extensive medical record reviews and concurrent chart data abstraction on all required clinical indicators for the assigned patient group in addition to selecting and collecting appropriate data from patient charts relevant to Core Measures.
- Maintains current knowledge on all Cutaneous database applications, to include surgical modules or additional modules as appropriate; trains staff in routine functions as needed.
- Prepare abstracts, manuscripts, and PowerPoint presentations for faculty research or publications.
- Maintains knowledge of research publication and submission process and format for publications, and follows processes in the preparation of publications, abstracts, manuscripts and signature approval processes.
- Performs publication searches in medical and research literature for faculty, both research and clinical.
- May be required to coordinate IRB submissions and IRB progress reviews for PI studies.
- The position will attend clinical or research meetings at Moffitt as assigned to represent.
- The position will provide coordination and planning for the work of Research Interns with less than a year of experience in the position when requested.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associate degree in allied health field preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of data analysis.
- Certification in Human Subject Protection required or completed within the first 30 days of employment.
- Requires knowledge of ICD 10 coding and medical oncology terminology.
- Requires proficiency in advanced MS Office applications i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint, and Microsoft Windows-based operating systems.
- Demonstrates attention to detail in producing accurate and high-quality deliverables.
- Self-motivated with ability to prioritize multiple tasks and multi-task under tight deadline with little oversight.