We are looking for Data Analyst for our client in San Diego, CA
Job Title: Data Analyst
Job Location: San Diego, CA
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
Shift hours: 8 hours - Days
Contract length: TBD
Start Date: 03/04/2019
- Involves analysis of complex business problems using data to provide insight to decision makers.
- Identifies and interprets trends and patterns in datasets to locate influences.
- Develops forecasts, recommendations, and strategic / tactical plans based on business data and market knowledge.
- Works with business and / or clinical units to understand and prioritize data and information requirements.
- Creates specifications for reports and analysis based on business needs and required / available data elements.
- Optimizes the performance of enterprise business intelligence tools by defining data to filter and index that add value to the user.
- Develops business cases to support enterprise-wide business intelligence solutions.
- Level 3: Experienced professional who knows how to apply theory and put it into practice with in-depth understanding of the professional field; independently performs the full range of responsibilities within the function; possesses broad job knowledge; analyzes problems / issues of diverse scope and determines solutions.
- Applies skills and experience as a seasoned business analytics professional to projects of medium size at all levels of complexity, or to portions of large, multidimensional projects.
- Consults with end users to gather and clarify data and reporting needs for complex business intelligence solutions and analytics. Writes queries, develops reporttemplates, and dashboards.
- Performs predictive analysis and forecasting to provide information that supports organizational goals.
- Mines data to quantify relationships and identify issues warranting further analysis.
- Conducts industry benchmarking analysis and develops quantitative business cases.
- Presents recommendations to managers.
- Identifies and analyzes errors and problems for end users, developing and applying functional solutions and / or conducting specific training as needed
- Conducts on-going analyses of data sources and data sets.
- Identifies issues and collaborates on developing solutions to data management challenges.
- Participates in developing and / or delivering curriculum for end user training to ensure user competence, data access, and optimal performance of BI tools and processes.
- Serves on internal committees and participates on cross-functional teams to solve business, process, service and / systems issues.
- Other duties as assigned
- Data Analyst/Senior Admin Analyst - Data Analytics
- Build and validate (emphasis on validate) automated dashboards in Qlikview with Report Writer
- Pull ad-hoc data for requests
- Build, calculate, and validate new KPI's as requested with Report Writer (such as "% of first OR cases that start on time")
- Budgetary Reporting and Analysis
- Understand / Interpret EPSi and GL (Mobius Document Direct)
- Pinpoint largest unfavorable variances, work with staff to correct
- Work with budget office to build and trend FY20 expense accounts (basically, all accounts for all cost centers in Periop)
- Business and Staffing Plan Development
- Work with Decision Support to interpret financial data to support growth initiatives
- Draft SBARs and business plans, as needed, providing necessary supporting data
- Build staffing models and labor efficiency requests to advocate for new positions
- Act as a backup to Business Manager, where needed
- Act as a backup to administrative assistants, where needed
- Attend committees, meetings, etc. and represent department, as needed
Important Characteristics to Have:
- Excel, Excel, Excel
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Patience with less than tech-savvy end users
- Ability to create and understand complex data models, and present them in an easily understandable way.
- Familiarity with relational databases and data structure
- 3 or more years of relevant experience
Cynet Health is a Staffing and Recruitment wing of Cynet Systems Inc. Established in October 2010 and incorporated in the State of Virginia, Cynet is one of the leading Staffing & Recruiting Service companies in the Washington DC Metro area. Headquartered in Ashburn, Virginia, we are a certified Small, Woman, and Minority Owned Business Enterprise, a recognized diversity supplier.
With over one hundred in house recruiting staff, Cynet Health caters to various hospitals, health & wellness centers, pharmacy, and medical facilities over 50 states across the United States.