Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 237 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Join the Enterprise Data Services team at PayPal. We are helping rethink how we use data at PayPal to fulfill the needs of our customers (both internal and external) as it related to data, risk and customer service. We drive creation of delightful, frictionless and complaint payment experiences while maximizing the value of our data. In this role you will get an opportunity to define, orchestrate, and enable critical data initiatives across multiple business partners all over PayPal delivering value through the power of data and data driven insights. We work closely with partners, across numerous business domains, including customer service. This role offers regular visibility to senior management and the opportunity to materially impact PayPal’s business. It will also give you broad exposure across PayPal, you will develop a deep understanding of the business from end to end.
- Deep dive in to business requirements and get clarity around the use cases
- Identify gaps with the systems and bring out in appropriate forums
- Interact with various application owners to check for the feasibility of moving data across different environments
- Define and demonstrate the requirements with development teams an help them to translate the requirements into development tasks.
- Should have 3-5 years of experience as BSA or Data Analyst
- Ability to write complex queries for analyzing the data or for the purpose of POCs
- Should have hands on experience with Oracle and Teradata
- Should have hands on experience with visualization tools like Tableau/Zoomdata and/or visualization frameworks like D3
- Ability to analyze the data stored in big data systems using spark or hive
- Exposure to legacy ETL systems is a must
- Exposure to data streaming frameworks is a plus
- Experience in Fintech/Financial Services/ecommerce preferred
- Good communication skills required
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.