Our client is a top worldwide hedge fund, they are focused on acquiring, analyzing, and understanding the ever-growing data universe. They are currently seeking a Data Analyst to assist in the implementation of new research methodologies, machine learning, natural language processing, scientific data visualization, and distributed computing to identify significant trends.
- Leverage proprietary data and technologyinfrastructure to derive actionable insights
- Build on data strategy by identifying incremental data sources, and implementing systems and processes to capitalize upon them.
- Assemble structured and unstructured data sources to ensure efficient usability, and repeatability, in the context of research initiatives.
- Implement a framework to drive unique research insights for investment professionals with your sector coverage.
- Create the data design with detailed specs on required resources, research timetable and output, and ongoing maintenance demands. Partner with CDO members to implement superior data quality control processes and efficient data delivery mechanisms.
- Help contribute to a scalable data research library platform that can potentially have broader firm application.
- Experience with quantitative research using both structured & unstructured data to generate insights and high-quality forecasts.
- Strong analytical skills; experienceworking with and analyzing large datasets
- Understand statistical/economic techniques necessary to provide forecasts/results (e.g., confidence intervals, biases).
- Expert knowledge of statistical and database querying tools (e.g., R, Matlab, Python).
- BS Degree in Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field. MS/PhD Degreepreferred.