The Data Analyst is responsible for the statistical support of population health and clinical research involving multidisciplinary teams. This position applies biostatistical skills to the analysis and interpretation of studies pertaining to health disparities, injuries, behavioral health, chronic diseases, infectious diseases, and reproductive and perinatal health. Typical Duties:
- Assists with the identification of analytic approaches for population health and clinical research in collaboration with research team.
- Prepares and updates documentation (e.g. guides, codebooks, and data dictionaries) for multiple databases.
- Implements quality control procedures to ensure data integrity.
- Prepares data for analysis (i.e. validation, recoding, etc.).
- Implements statistical analysis plan and generates results.
- Assists with preparing detailed descriptions of analyses and findings for funding proposals, manuscripts, and abstracts through consultation with team members.
- Actively seeks new knowledge of methods for data management and analysis.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in biostatistics, statistics, or otherquantitative discipline from an accredited college or university.
- 2 plus years of experience with at least one statistical software package (e.g. Stata, R, or SAS).
Preferred Education and Experience:
- 1 plus years of experience in health research.