Nuveen, the investment manager of TIAA, offers a comprehensive range of outcome-focused investment solutions designed to secure the long-term financial goals of institutional and individual investors. Its affiliates offer deep expertise across a comprehensive range of traditional and alternative investments through a wide array of vehicles and customized strategies.
The Data Analyst on the Data Governance Office (DGO) team functions as thechange agents across Nuveen with the focus on promoting solid data governance, quality and metadata management practices. The team leads projects that consolidate a variety of static, market and internal data domains of the firm such as client, account, product, security master into a centralized information delivery platform. As a senior member of the DGO team, the Master Analyst is expected to drive the evolution and adoption of the data governance and stewardship processes, roles and responsibilities across the firm, while promotingthe adoption of data quality and metadata management tools.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Promote the adoption of the Data Governance (DG) framework across Nuveen
- Help establish and facilitate data governance working groups
- Deliver training, presentations, and talking points to describe status and thevalue of DG efforts
- Drive the buildout of the business glossaries and data dictionaries
- Collaborate with business subject matter experts and data stewards to define data standards and business rules
- Leads members of the working groups in issue analysis sessions
- Ensure every stakeholder group is represented in relevant discussions
- Monitors status of all data-related issues being addressed by working groups
- Develop and monitor DG metrics
IT and Business Projects
- Manage master data related projects on behalf of the Data Governance team
- Promote the strategic Data Governance vision through project-level involvement
- Leverage the acquired knowledge of investment management data domains and concepts in working with the business and IT teams to develop a thorough understanding of the business needs and to define data and process requirements
- Ensure project data alignment with the business glossary, data standards and business rules of the relevant data domains
- Support data analysis and testing using the ability to navigate a relational database and perform lightweight queries to extract data
- Assist in the configuration and rollout of metadata and data quality management tools
- Configure and maintain MS SharePoint sites as an owner
- 5 or more years of experience leading data governance initiatives.
- 2 or more years of experience implementing data dictionary, data governance and data stewardship practices.
- 3 or more years of experience managing data projects.
- Experience in the Investment management industry
- Solid understanding of various Investment Management data domains, such as trade management, portfolio accounting, asset reference, product and account reference, client and investor reference, performance and analytics
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree
- Proficiency with data governance and metadata management concepts and practices
- Understanding of master data management concepts
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional analytical skills and strong attention to detail, with ability to take a holistic view as well as understand details
- Ability to document business processes, data flows, data requirements, standard operating procedures and service level agreements
- Focus on seeking input, driving for consensus and obtaining closure; excellent collaboration and team building skills
- Effective mediation skills to facilitate a constructive approach to dealing withconflict. Ability to address difficult issues and guide others toward the accomplishment of identified, meaningful goals
- MS Sharepoint experience desired
- Ability to shift back and forth between facts/details and conceptual frameworks
- Ability to effectively interact with internal clients and outside verndors toarticulate system requirements
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work in a team and individually