Job Title: Data Analyst / Modeler - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Charlotte, NC
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- Application Programmer/Data Analyst/ Modeler will work in close partnership with the an existing team of Project Managers, Data Modelers and Business Analysis; as well as other internal groups such as front office, operations, compliance and other technology teams.
Key responsibilities include:
- Perform hands-on with the data, understanding the overall flow and usage of information from the upstream sources and consolidation points
- Interface with technology and other partners to functionally decompose data requirements
- Perform root cause analysis on data issues, categorize the findings and recommend options to resolve them
- Identify data gaps with current state, and influence future state design, ensure recommendations are aligned with strategic direction
- Create Mapping Specifications from Systems of record all the way to the data to be provisioned to downstream systems
- Ensure critical process controls and data validation activities are captured and documented both at Data Movement and Data Element level
- Provide inputs for Data Modeling
- 5+ years of experience in Data related projects
- Ability to use SQL in profiling large datasets for analysis or testing efforts, with multiple/multi-type table joins, multiple keys, and nested queries.
- Ability to access data from Teradata, Oracle, Netezza, SQL Server, or Hadoop and independent research problems, analyze data, determine root causes, and propose solutions
- Knowledge of Data Modeling tools like Erwin/Power Designer and Past data-modelling experience will be a plus
- Knowledge of Financial industry is a big plus
- Excellent critical thinking/problem solving skills
- Must be able to work well in collaborative team environment, but also independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Data Modeling