Less than 5 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
The Data Analyst duties include data collection, aggregation, dashboard development and analysis of Experient transactional systems (Event XL, Event Bit, Engage, EXS) and Data warehouses (ESP, EIQ). This person works with transactional datasets with millions of rows, requiring expertise in “big data” software, such as SQL, Python and Tableau. Leverage client data to support the development of advanced algorithms and predictive models. May grow into building and evaluating algorithms using methodologies such as regression, classification, clustering, prediction and machine learning. The Data Analyst builds and maintains specific data analytic queries and data stores, standard and custom report layouts, and a library of executive report formats. This role provides analysis and insights for operational processes as needed. No direct reports. No budgetary responsibility.
Reporting and Working Relationships
Reports to the Director of Data Insights. Interacts with account teams on assigned events; engages with both operations and IT teams to extract appropriate data for analysis. Takes direction/consultation from the Sr. Data Analyst on techniques and results.
REPORT DEVELOPMENT: Leverage reporting software (SQL, Excel, Tableau, SSRS) to support Data Insights team in developing reports for key clients. Work with operations to understand client needs and requests. Work with IT team to build requirements, gather data from appropriate sources and build data models. Ensure that query syntax is well-tuned and work to streamline queries for efficiency and continuous improvement.
DASHBOARD DEVELOPMENT: Leverage data software (SQL, Excel, Tableau) to support Data Insights team in developing dashboards for key clients. Work with operations to understand client needs and requests. Work with IT team to build requirements, gather data from appropriate sources and build data models. Leverage Tableau or other data visualization tools to create appropriate charts, tables and graphs as defined by business requirements. Adjust dashboards as necessitated by client or analytics need.
BEHAVIORAL ANALYSIS: With support from Sr. Director or Sr. Analyst, conducts performance-based analytics on assigned events and clients, including: Deriving a clear vision of client and event objectives, client analysis needs, scope and timeframe based on collaboration with client and account team. Identifying appropriate data sources and gathering data in an efficient timely manner, leveraging tools (Python, Tableau, Excel), data mining skills and/or internal resources. Create analytical models for routine and ad-hoc analysis. Analyzing event data for strengths, weaknesses, and anomalies within the performing groups for the purposes of designing and optimizing event effectiveness and ROI. Analyze event performance in the context of client business objectives and event strategy. Work with Director of Data Insights to develop insights and strategic recommendations.
1. Bachelor’s degree with experience or Master’s degree in quantitative field: Computer Science, Information Systems, desired.
2. Minimum 3-5 years of experience in software/data environment working in a supporting role.
3. Strong Microsoft Excel and SQL skills required.
4. Knowledge of statistical techniques: regression, clustering, classification
5. Knowledge of data discovery and visualizations techniques: distributions, histograms, bar plot charts
6. Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau or Microsoft PowerBI a strong plus.
7. Experience with reporting tools: SSRS, Postgresql, SSRS, Excel required
8. Experience with Amazon Redshift a strong plus.
9. Professional written and oral communication skills with ability to present strategic recommendations. Excellent organizational and project management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.