Excella is a technology consulting firm serving commercial, non-profit, and federal clients in the Washington, DC area. Excella builds innovative custom software solutions with a strong focus on Agile engineering practices. We believe that great work leads to great things –- for our clients and our employees. We are growing fast and need passionate, innovative people who love working with technology and are ready to make an impact.
Here's what you can expect from us:
- We care about our employees. In fact, The Washington Post and The Washington Business Journal consistently rank us as a "Best Place to Work."
- You'll work with great people who love what they do: our team includes published authors, certified trainers, and internationally renowned speakers.
- We have a "bring your own device" workplace and will share the cost of a new computer of your choice -- Mac or PC. It's up to you.
- We'll invest in your career by providing 3 days of paid professional development every year, including travel and registration fees to attend classes and conferences, in addition to tuition assistance for degrees and certifications.
- Starting day one, every employee is bonus eligible and receives 17 days of paid vacation.
- You can bike, drive, or metro to work -- our commute reimbursement plan has you covered.
- We cater dinner once a month, and always have healthy snacks available!
- You'll have fun! We hold monthly happy hours and events all year long, including a summer weekend getaway for you and your family
We are looking a leader in data analysis and technical consulting to join our team who is driven to deliver valuable customer experiences. Our analysts are team-oriented, collaborative, and focus on delivering value in everything we do. We use agile methods to analyze, define and document business requirements for software solutions which align with organizational goals and help our clients achieve their desired outcomes. We support our clients in their digital product needs – from vision to roadmap to execution.
The Data Analyst Lead motivates others through their passion to build Excella’s capabilities and capacities for technical data analysis. The Lead will be accountable for growth in employees, clients, and expertise within the firm.
- Define scope of technical data analysis skills and best practices for employees to follow
- Grow skills of team through coaching, mentoring, and training
- Partner with Data Visualization Lead and Technical Analysis Lead to refine capabilities
- Demonstrate relational database understanding and star schema understanding
- Capable building complex SQL statements to answer business questions.
- Experience designing conceptual data models/ entity relationship diagrams/ business process maps
- Experience establishing data dictionaries
- Able to interpret, understand, and explain data to clients
- Basic knowledge of dashboard management and creating (drag and drop) for storytelling of regular information reports and ad-hoc requests
- Industry or subject matter expertise (e.g. hospitality, web analytics, finance, social)
- Requirements elicitation: Apply different techniques to facilitate meetings and workshops, create a shared understanding with stakeholders, and engage team-members without using reams of paper or electronic documents.
- Requirements analysis: Collaborates with stakeholders and product teams to understand business context and decompose large requests into smaller items which can be understood and executed by members of the team.
- Experience providing product management support such as prioritization and backlog refinement.
- Strong interpersonal skills to engage team members, clients, and stakeholders and communicate business expectations to the technical development expert in ways they can produce desired outcome.
- Builds trust and respect, establish relationships, and develop rapport with technical and non-technical team members
- B.A. or B.S. (focus in Computer Information Systems, Business Management, Engineering, or related area of study is a plus)
- 5+ years’ experience in IT or related industry
- Prior consulting or client management experience
- Experience leading others and building a team to deliver results.
- Experience supporting business development and proposal efforts.
- Advanced Excel skills, including SQL skills, and proficient in MS PowerPoint
- Basic statistical knowledge
- Strong analytical aptitude and able to structure complex or undefined business problems
- Hands-on experience using tools to help clients make data-driven decisions
- Knowledge and practice of core Agile values and principles a plus
- Initiative to learn new strategies and trends to continue to educate self analytically, technically, and technologically