Digital Strategy is seeking an experienced data analyst to support a federal government client. Candidate will work with clients directly to perform various data analysis and report development tasks. Specific duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work with clients and team members to understand business processes and reporting/analysis needs
- Develop schedule of deliverables for data analysis and work with team members to develop, review, and deliver Excel-based products
- Collect data from multiple sources into Excel and develop/update Excel models to support business decisions
- Utilize Excel pivot tables, charts, vlookups, formulae, and macros to provide analytics for data
- Perform data quality review of data imported from various sources based on business rules
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in datasets
- Provide ad-hoc, quick turnaround data requests from federal executive management
- Develop reports and charts in Oracle BI Enterprise Edition for HR, Financial, and other datasets
- Develop and present briefings in Microsoft PowerPoint to present status of DOE’s financial and staffing data
- Collaborate with federal and contractor staff to coordinate data entry in various departmental systems
- Individual will support client projects and will be co-located with clients on a regular basis under normal circumstances. Under COVID-19 conditions, the individual will be teleworking until otherwise notified. However, individual is expected to be in regular communication and responsive to client and company requests during business hours.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, MIS, Finance, Economics, Business or similar majors required.
- Eight (8) or more years of work experience, preferably in government consulting and/or on Data Analysis or Information Technology projects required.
- At least five (5) years of experience with Microsoft Office products, specifically in Microsoft Excel (e.g., pivot tables, charts, vlookup, formulas, macros, VBA) required.
- Knowledge of SQL and Oracle BI Enterprise Edition preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Candidate needs to have strong attention to detail and ability to learn new information and technology rapidly.
Min. Citizenship Status Required: U.S. Citizen