We are seeking a highly motivated, forward thinking Business Intelligence (BI) data professional to support the enterprise GP Decision Analytics Group and develop custom GP BI solutions used across 50+ facilities within multiple divisions. The Decision Analytics Group functions as a Center of Excellence for all things data related for all of Georgia Pacific. This group creates sustainable value and competitive advantage by leveraging analytics, information, technology, and actionable insights across the enterprise while focusing on futuristic possibilities of analytics. This role will have the opportunity to leverage the latest BI and Analytics technologies and partner with our financial community to expand our cost modeling and decision making capabilities. The Data Analyst (Data Engineering & Analytics) is responsible for the complete Product Development lifecycle for the Enterprise Data Lake and Advanced Analytics products. You will be responsible for gathering and distillation into clear concise business and technical requirements documentation, functional and technical design specifications and to manage the build of product, features, enhancements, releases and support issues through concept, design, development, testing, deployment and support. The role is responsible for the quality launch and support of all technical applications in the Enterprise Data Engineering portfolio. Proficiency in Business Intelligence solutions, web -hosted big data technology (AWS) and database design are required. The data analyst will work independently and with the Data Science and Analytics teams in the business to gather, distill and write detailed product business requirements documentation, and design specifications. The business analyst will be responsible for leading and documenting the project through all phases of the product development lifecycle, including writing user stories, use cases, technical and work flows, data diagrams, trouble ticketing and root cause of issues. Ideal candidates will have demonstrated experience as an Analyst on data analytics projects, data flow documentation and ETL. Knowledge of
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Collaborate with team members, business stakeholders and data SMEs to elicit requirements and to develop a functional and technical design and then implement a data lake in collaboration with the technical architects.
- Develop high-quality functional design documents within a scheduled timeframe
- Gather requirements from both internal and external subject matter experts.
- Assist with identifying and solving design flaws and issues related to the enterprise data lake and BI data stores
- Maintain adequate level of quality control on the databases and work with the business and technical resources in conducting quality and regression tests
- Participate in design sessions, contributing to the overall design of new products and product enhancements. Demonstrate solution leadership through strong communication skills to recommend actionable, data-driven solutions
- Organize, participate, and conduct internal product demonstrations
- Manage and track product issues and enhancements using the internal tracking system and departmental procedures
- Create and submit weekly status reports to management.
- Identify, recommend and participate in process improvement initiatives
- Build and maintain positive relationships with customers and internal team members
- Manage tasks to meet the assigned project timelines and milestone
- Participate in product testing and certification activities
- Assist in daily management of support issues escalated to product team.
- Work with business consultants to understand and capture business requirements
- Communicate the results efficiently to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Support customers with business and/or technical questions
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years of Data Analytics experience including building of warehouses, data marts and data lakes.
- Data design Concepts (ETL, near-/real-time streaming, data structures, metadata and workflow management)
- Basic SQL Programming / Scripting
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (preferably Analytics, MIS or Computer Science).
- Project management and relevant Business Analyst certifications
- Knowledge of cloud deployments of BI solutions including use of the AWS eco-system.
- Experience of assisting in development of backend data solutions for front end tools like Tableau and/or QlikSense.
- Knowledge of statistical tools like R and Python..