- Participate in the design, development and delivery of useful metrics, predictive models, dashboards, analyses and data reporting to support a variety of HR and business initiatives.
- Prepare and analyze metrics to measure the effectiveness of business outcomes using data modelling, dashboards, and clear & concise charts containing graphics, tables and other related reports and/or presentations.
- Support the development of strategies and lead the identification of technical solutions for key business issues leveraging data, visual analysis, advanced analytics and other strategies.
- Perform regular audits on HR data to increase data quality by resolving inconsistencies, and coordinate with regional teams to correct workflow and/or system integration processes.
- Supporting HRSSC teams on analytics and reporting creation; provide reports with global scope to HR and Managers as needed.
- Work closely with HR leaders in defining the analytics strategy in alignment with corporate goals.
- Work closely with HRIS and HRSSC teams to understand the data and system needs to help provide the best end-to-end analytics solution.
- Identify, design and perform complex statistical analyses and make recommendations in partnership with HR Leadership.
- Use a variety of established quantitative and qualitative methods (including surveys, database mining, etc.) to gather, analyze, and interpret data and derive useful information for key business initiatives, working across and synchronizing multiple data sources.
- Develop material for and provide training to stakeholders on data interpretation, data evaluation, statistical and analytical techniques.
- Troubleshooting reporting and analytics errors to determine root cause.
- Maintain quarterly technical enhancements of SuccessFactors Reporting (Online Report Designer) – including strategy, testing, and change management.
- Liaison with IT Data and Analytics/Finance teams on cross functional reporting.
Typical Education and work experience
- Bachlors degree required
- 3 + years experience within a corporate environment in database management and analytics.
- Strong applied mathematical, statistical, and analytical skills to design and interpret predictive, descriptive and inferential statistics.
- Experience with statistical techniques like regression and predictive modelling, data mining, text analytics, survey sampling, and data collection strategies.
- Previous experience working with and building data analysis tools and techniques.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools including strong capabilities with Access, Excel pivot tables, and PowerPoint.
- SuccessFactors or other HRMS reporting experience is desirable.
- Previous experience in data manipulation, report generation, and interpreting large amounts of data.
- Detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to deal with large amounts of data and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently in a diverse, fast paced environment and effectively collaborate across teams internally and externally.
- Experience with Tableau or similar data analysis tools.
As part of our core values, Kennametal is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all people. We are an Equal Opportunity employer.