Our purpose, to improve customers’ lives by making healthcare work better, is far from ordinary. And so are our employees. Working at Premera means you have the opportunity to drive real change by transforming healthcare.
To better serve our customers, we’re creating a culture that promotes employee growth, collaborative innovation, and inspired leadership. We are committed to creating an environment where employees can do their best work and where best-in-class talent comes, stays, and thrives!
As a Data Analyst IV for our Member Engagement team, you will work as part of our Quality Program that supports all lines of the business of Premera. You will work directly with our Measurement team to help further understand our member populations and address healthcare needs such as access to care.
In this role, you will extract data, produce reports, and evaluate the quality of information to support clinical, financial, and regulatory analyses. We’ll ask you to work collaboratively and apply your critical thinking to go deeper than what has been requested to anticipate downstream outcomes. Your work will contribute to the success of daily operations, tactical and strategic projects, customer service, and regulatory programs that have direct bearing on the profitability and competitiveness of Premera.
What you’ll do
- Confer with business partners on the most complex business topics to determine business needs and report requirements to provide appropriate solutions through extracting and analyzing data
- Develop, design and deliver complex quantitative models and analytics using visualization, mathematical and statistical methods to understand and solve complex business problems.
- Analyze and interpret results using advanced statistical tools and techniques to pinpoint trends and patterns in complex data and provide recommendations for complex business decisions.
- Prepare written documentation on all projects to enable peer review and ensure continuity of data product quality.
- Consult with internal and external customers to access scope and complexity of projects.
- Develop and maintain computer programs to support various, often complex, analyses, processes and reports.
- Mentor and train new or more junior analysts regarding concepts, quantitative techniques and professional skills.
- Automate reported analytic products on large scale data sets and provide design guidance for the development and automation of automated analytical solutions.
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Health Care Administration, or a related field or four (4) years’ work experience
- Eight years’ experience in a data analytics and/or reporting role which includes five (5) years’ experience with SQL, python, R, VBA or other scriptinglanguage and associated analytics tools.
- Thorough knowledge of a reporting or query programming language, relational databases, and/or related software packages; significant experience in data management and technical writing
- Self-starter with consultative approach
- Experience with Tableau is highly desired
- Excellent problem definition, problem solving and technical writing skills
- Interpersonal skills to interact appropriately with management at all levels
- Ability to lead work independently and as a member of a team to accomplish specific project goals
- Significant knowledge of health care and the health care industry; knowledge of health insurance concepts and terms
What we offer
- Medical, vision and dental coverage
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement programs (401K employer match and pension plan)
- Wellness incentives, onsite services, a discount program and more
- Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Generous Paid Time Off to reenergize
- Free parking