The Data Analyst III will be a senior member of the Supply Chain Analytics and Performance Management team, owning the collection and delivery of data and insights for Nordstrom's Supply Chain Organization. The Data Analyst III will provide ongoing data support, performance analysis and storytelling, which will lead to value creation and enable the next cycle of growth within Nordstrom - supporting the digital experience vision, and a reliable and efficient Supply Chain model to optimize how we serve customers and stores across the Nordstrom businesses.
A day in the life...
- Own "the truth" and governance in data and process including the intake, management, automation, and integrity of data utilized by the Supply Chain organization and its business partners
- Champion the data needs and priorities of the Supply Chain Analytics team, coordinating with key data/business partners across the Nordstrom organization including Product Management, Data Science, Nordstrom Technology, Finance, and Merchandizing
- Lead and support data design requirements and delivery for Supply Chain programs and initiatives
- Support Supply Chain business analysts in the development of modernized reporting and effective analysis, creating compelling narratives and storytelling through data
- Support the analysis and diagnosis of end to end supply chain performance and provide actionable guidance to improve results
- Identifying and develop new measures and KPIs that support the continuous improvement and optimization of Nordstrom's supply chain
You own this if you have...
- Degree in Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Analytics, or related field required (Masters preferred)
- 7+ years of data management and analysis
- Strong understanding of data warehousing, query construction and dimensional data modeling, preferably with applied skills in SQL and AWS
- Direct experience developing business intelligence reporting tools (Tableau, Power BI, Data Dog etc.)
- Strong operational business understanding, including potential impact of business decisions on various internal/external stakeholders and systems
- Supply chain expertise in retail or consumer goods preferred; with specific focus on logistics and distribution, fulfillment, manufacturing, returns, or store operations and understanding of industry dynamics
- Comfort in presenting to business stakeholders and leadership
- Humble and ego free. Willing to take calculated risks. Own and learn from mistakes.