ID 2018-12602CompanyTDS Telecom
TDS Telecommunications LLC. (TDS®), a wholly owned subsidiary of Telephone and Data Systems, Inc., is the seventh largest local exchange telephone company in the U.S and a growing force in the cable industry. TDS provides 1.2 million connections to high-speed Internet, phone, and TV entertainment services in more than 150 rural, suburban, and metropolitan communities. For residential customers, TDS deploys 1Gig Internet access, IPTV service, cable TV options, and traditional wireline services. The company offers businesses advanced solutions, including: VoIP (managedIP Hosted voice), high-speed Internet fiber optics, data networking, and hosted-managed services.
The Data Analyst III has the responsibility for transforming operational data into usable information based on business needs and requirements from TDS Telecom business unit partners such as: MSCO, Finance / Strategic Planning, GRA / Carrier Relations, Network Services, etc.
Technical competencies include SQL and/or PL-SQL, Data Analysis and knowledge of Tableau.
- Responsibility for transforming operational data into usable information based on business needs and requirements from TDS Telecom business unit partners.
- Create reports utilizing one or more of the reporting tools used by TDS: Tableau, Alteryx, FOCUS, Business Objects (Web Intelligence and Crystal Reports), Golden, Oracle Application Express, SQL, etc.
- Ensure that the reports being developed adhere to all team standards.
- Manage individual work queue per team standards.
- Negotiate due dates with requesters.
- Maintain documentation for requests per team standards.
- Participate in an on-call rotation and address any issues found.
- Maintain reporting security and integrity controls.
- Create and maintains necessary scripts to automate and improve his/her duties.
Process and Standards
- Assist in the development and maintenance of reporting standards, procedures and technical documentation.
- Assist in the development of company-wide standards, procedures, and facilities.
- Participates actively in the change management process to ensure that the impact of all system software changes and all application system changes on production databases is understood and does not degrade performance.
- Work actively with project teams to gather reporting requirements for the project.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) –OR- 4+ years professional work experience.
- 3+ years of report development or other business intelligence experience.
- Working knowledge of SQL and/or PL-SQL, and development tools.
- Knowledge of Tableau is desired.
- Strong technical aptitude for data science (data analysis, data visualization, data structure).
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical problem solver.
- Solid work ethic and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and sustain heavy workloads.
- Accepts accountability and committed to follow through with activities. Provide regular feedback; take ownership, and exercise diligence and integrity in work activities.
- Able to work both independently and cooperatively on team assignments.
- Professional interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with Clients and information systems professionals. Able to produce clear, professionally-written communications and documentation.
- Able to work effectively with business leaders and partners to identify information needs, define reporting requirements, and define functional designs for management reporting data structures, file layouts, and report definitions.
- Knowledge of tariffs, contracts, and business unit processes which impact the operational and billing data
- Attention to detail, able to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Good understanding of finance, business, and marketing principles
- Ability to work with a diverse functional and technical groups