The Data Analyst provides data modeling, data analysis, and data validation functions in support of application development, data analytics and business analysis projects. This role designs the organization, structures and definition of data to meet business requirements and needs of the organization.
- Active participant through all stages of the software development lifecycle.
- Responsible for developing simple or moderately complex interface or extract mapping specifications.
- Works closely with development teams to ensure a strong understanding of data models and data lineage.
- Creates and maintains conceptual and logical data models along with corresponding metadata and data dictionary.
- Develops necessary reports, analysis and recommendations based on business requirements and interactions with stakeholders.
- Conducts data profiling and data quality analysis using SQL or other query based analysis.
- Supports and consults with stakeholders on data governance and data strategy initiatives.
- Promotes best practices for standard naming conventions and coding practices to ensure consistency.
- Prioritizes work based on schedule, stakeholder priority and team initiatives.
- Identifies and promotes initiatives that add value to stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Four years of experience in an Information Technology role related to data management. Proficient to advanced skill in SQL database query language.
- Two years of work experience using a data modeling tool such as Erwin.
- Customer service orientation with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively in a team environment.