As a data analyst on the QUEST team, you will formulate approaches to solve problems using well-defined algorithms and data sources in context of customer, engineering, and business needs. You will use data exploration techniques to discover new opportunities within your problem area. You will interpret the results of analyses, validate approaches, and learn to monitor, analyze, and iterate to continuously improve. You will engage with stakeholders to produce clear, compelling, and actionable insights that influence product and service improvements that will impact millions of customers. You will also engage in the peer review process and act on feedback while learning innovative methods, algorithms, and tools to increase the impact and applicability of your results.
As a member of our team, you’ll embed within a set of data analyst and software engineers working to drive a data centric, quality-first perspective, resolving performance impacting problems, and providing recommendations and guidance to our OEM and ODM partners. In addition, you’ll drive your successes, failures, and learnings into the broader Quest organization, to drive sustainable quality in our future releases.
On the job activities would include, resolving performance impacting problems, providing recommendations and guidance to our OEM and ODM partners, and processing data for partners. The ideal candidate should have depth expertise in data and analytics, and a breadth of Windows fundamentals understanding. We welcome applications from diverse multi-disciplinary backgrounds, with analytical skills, engineering abilities, business interests, relentless curiosity, and a desire to improve the experiences of more than one billion customers.
Job activities may include:
• Deep dive data analysis of partners existing data reports.
• Training partners to better leverage their data and reports.
• Working with partners directly to understand their data needs and help shape the questions and insights they want to see.
• Driving leading edge new data and insight reports that can later scale out to the ecosystem.
• Representing Microsoft in engineering partner engagements with senior executives.
• Delivering presentations relating to partner reports and insights.
• Leverage Data & Insights to help drive OEM and ODM device quality improvements.
In general, candidates need to have:
• 4+ years of experience in a similar data analyst role.
• Degree in in Computer Science, Statistics, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Economics, or other quant-focused field.
• Experience performing basic data analysis including extracting raw data, applying statistics to data, cleaning data, and other aspects of preparing data for analysis.
• Engineering experience using large data systems on SQL, Hadoop, Spark, etc.
• Proficiency using one or more programming or scripting language like Python, Scala, or C# to work with data.
• Experience with product and service telemetry systems.
• Ability to interact with peers and stakeholders to drive product and business impact.
• Proven customer and cross team collaboration experience.
• Proactive communication skills and the ability to be an effective influencer.
• Proven capability as a public speaker and instructor.