You can see the big picture, and get excited about developing and maintaining applications that support emergency 9-1-1 (E911) systems. You also crave an opportunity to work with the best and brightest software development teams, in an environment that is rewarding and collaborative.
Your New Opportunity
The responsibilities of the Data Analyst II is to analyze, identify and resolve discrepancies, report and load critical data into Comtech systems to support E9-1-1 call routing, new customer onboarding and service maintenance activities. You will be a key contributor to our team and will define and uphold data management standards and best practices that support the everchanging data needs of our customers and business.
- Prep and load data to support deployment of internal and external services. Collect, analyze and validate data related to a deployment and/or ensure these functions are being performed correctly by cross functional teams.
- Utilize and develop tools and interfaces used to manage data in Comtech systems.
- Collect, analyze and review incoming data using a variety of in-house tools and interfaces. This includes processing data from wireless carriers, PSAPs and internal customers (examples; cell site maintenance request), as well as supporting ad hoc projects such as data audits, reports, tool/app development etc.
- Define, enforce and communicate Comtech data requirements with internal/externals customers
- Triage “trouble tickets” that are escalated to the team. This includes analyzing the problem, proposing or implementing solutions and identifying/documenting root causes and preventative actions.
- Generate ad hoc reports, visualizations and tools as required. Conduct data reviews and quality check of customer-facing reports to ensure data and system accuracy.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment along with the ability to meet deadlines and due dates.
- Must be organized and a self-starter.
- Support other projects, customers and deliverables as needed.
AS A DATA ANALYST II, YOU WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING EXPERIENCE/SKILLS:
- 3+ year(s) prior data analysis experience required.
- 2+ years developing tools in C# and Python.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel i.e. macros, formulas, vlookup etc.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SQL.
- Intermediate programming knowledge using C# and Python.
- Detail-oriented, with strong analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including effective listening skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Logic-driven thought process.
- Ability to work with a range of skill and knowledge sets.
- PC literate with functional knowledge of Microsoft suite of products.
- Understanding of basic database concepts, theories and best practices.
- Ability to create queries, reports and visualizations.
- Bachelor’s degree in GIS, Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related field.
ADDITIONAL VALUED CAPABILITIES INCLUDE:
- 1+ years prior customer engagement experience preferred.
- Experience within the E911 industry.
- Experience reporting/presenting data findings using Splunk/Tableau etc.
- Understanding of GIS datasets and concepts a plus.
- Experience using ITSM/Remedy or JIRA systems.