at HoneyBook (View all jobs)San Francisco
HoneyBook is a business management platform for creative entrepreneurs that centralizes and automates workflow, digital payments, and generates business opportunities for our customers. We champion technology as our ally in celebrating human passion and originality. At HoneyBook, every day we are on a mission to empower the creative economy to rise together, doing what they love.
Our award-winning culture is built on core values that drive everything we do, including putting people first. If you thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually-charged environment, join our team!
HoneyBook is on the search for a Data Analyst to join the team in our San Francisco HQ. You will be responsible for turning data into insights that drive strategic business decisions that will shape the direction of the company. Reporting to the CFO, you will work closely with many senior cross-functional stakeholders. This is a two part role: we need someone that is proactive in finding insights and can also roll up their sleeves and fulfill requests. This hire will impact the company from day one. Are you up for the challenge?
Here are a few of the things you’ll do…
- Be the go-to-expert on data resources and provide the first line of triage and troubleshooting expertise to key business partners regarding data questions.
- Partner closely with marketing leaders to identify trends and opportunities in the marketing funnel.
- Develop a culture of transparent dialogue with business partners for strategic agility in decision making.
- Build data visualizations and cross-functional reporting that conveys key performance metrics, significant trends, and connects data from multiple sources.
- Extract required data from internal systems, identify the correct metrics needed, create reportsand analyze them to understand key trends.
- Discover and effectively communicate unique, actionable insights to business partners and senior leadership that address the most important business questions we are facing.
- Create systems and tools to empower the team to find answers themselves.
Here’s what you’ll need to be successful…
- 4 years of experience in BI/analytics, with a track record of delivering analytics solutions supporting technical, business and executive stakeholders.
- Familiarity with databases, including:
- Relational: MySql
- NoSql: MongoDB
- MPP Columnar Store Databases: Amazon Redshift
- Experience with data analysis tools - Tableau, Looker, etc.
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Experience with Salesforce/Pardot
- Experience working with Marketing teams, marketing analytics and multi-touch attribution.
- Analytical undergraduate degree.
- Creative problem solving skills. You take unique approaches to tackle your work.
- Passion for collaboration and achieving growth in a fast-paced environment.
- Customer service attitude. You will be collaborating with many cross-functional business partners to help achieve company wide goals.
- Ability to work autonomously and self-direct workload.
- Intellectually curious. You are not satisfied with the status-quo and are always thinking about what is next.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to distill complex problems into clear and concise insights.
The Good Stuff
- Mission driven. You'll be joining more than just another startup--our members are at the heart of everything we do; in fact, we invite them to co-work in our office and collaborate with us onthe product itself.
- Impact. We move quickly and encourage every employee to push the envelope. Our best ideas come from out-of-the-box-thinking and innovation; be ready to fail fast and often!
- Compensation: We offer a competitive salary + meaningful equity based on merit.
- Benefits + Perks: From wellness programs to unlimited paid time off and exceptional family leave policies, the health and happiness of our employees is foremost.
- Provisions: We give you the tools you need to get your job done and we provide a fully stocked kitchen and bar, happy hours, catered meals, and awesome company events.