The Data Analyst is part of the HIM Analytics team responsible for managing the analytic needs of the HIM department. This position performs complex data analysis, interpreting and transforming data into knowledge in support of the business and operational needs of the HIM department and the SCL Health organization.
- Requires an understanding of healthcare data and operations, coupled with knowledge of qualitative and quantitative data analysis methodology and analytical tools.
- Performs analyses of clinical data from various tools to recommend opportunities for clinical documentation improvement, coding accuracy, and determine risk areas for publicly reported data.
- Performs workflow analyses and recommends changes to improve and support analytic functions and enhance the productivity and quality controls of the HIM department and HIM functions in Health Network clinics.
- Identifies and presents optimization opportunities related to data analytics, productivity, workflows, etc.
- Responsible for Transitions of Care Meaningful Use program. Responsible for development of overall SCL Health systems business glossary and oversight of data governance tools.
- Functions as a data steward in overall system-wide data governance program to ensure integrity and quality of data.
- Participates in Task Force to create data standards and business rules for overall SCL systems.
Serve as the expert and primary support for analytics to the HIM department and as the HIM subject matter expert in the analysis and presentation of data. Extensive interaction with the STSC ADI (Analytics and Data Innovation) team on creating strategies on increasing analytic capabilities.
Design and implement analytic solutions using multiple systems (EPIC, Revenue Optimization Compass tool, MDAudit compliance tool, 3M computer assisted coding, CMS PEPPER).
Performs complex analyses of clinical data from various applications to recommend opportunities for clinical documentation improvement, coding gaps, and to determine risk areas for publicly reported data.
Through use of data visualization tools, such as Tableau and Alteryx, create data sets for development of dashboards for expedited analysis of data.
Monitor, audit, validate and troubleshoot implemented dashboards and data sets utilizing analytical tools.
Conduct benchmarking and analysis for all areas of HIM for purposes of development of best practices, budget monitoring, and improved productivity.
Create data sets, extract and synthesize data, conduct and interpret quantitative and qualitative analysis.
Manage for required Multi State data reporting (CHA/KHA/MHA) for coded data
Generate data and provide analytics utilizing the Revenue Optimization Compass (ROC tool), 3M 360Encompass (CDIS and Computer assisted coding) tools and eSummit (Epic) Identity module.
Manage the ROC tool including application support, validation and maintenance of the ROC application and data and weekly communication with the stakeholders and vendor.
Monitor and maintain the 3M 360Encompass Computer Assisted Coding (CAC) Precision and Recall reports. Provide analytics to Coding Director and managers.
Responsible for Transitions of Care Meaningful Use analytics to include monitoring Epic data, tracking direct address loads, publishing SCL addresses, evaluation of workflows to ensure processes are working properly for acute and clinics.
Responsible for certain EPIC groupers, including build and maintenance
Develop and maintain the data dictionary and business glossary for SCL Health System
Application support (Design, Build, Test, and Maintenance) for the SCLHS Data governance tool.
Manage projects and initiatives including scheduling, gathering requirements, leading meetings, defining tasks, and tracking.
Works autonomously and collaboratively with data analytics requestors to define desired requirements and validate results; communicate effectively with others.
Demonstrates proficiency and compliance with all existing federal, state, and local laws and regulations governing PHI.
Promotes mission, vision, and values of SCL Health, and abides by service behavior standards.
In addition to the above responsibilities, this role may include such otherresponsibilities and duties as assigned, based on departmental or enterprise needs and/or responsibilities.
- BachelorDegree in Health Information Management, Computer Science, Informatics or other health related field.
- Master's degree in Informatics, Data Science, Computer Science, or other health related field
CERTIFICATION, REGISTRATION, LICENSE
(*indicates primary source verification requirement)
- Certification as a Certified Health Data Analyst (CHDA) or certification in informatics (CPHI certified professional in health informatics) or ability to obtain within one year
- Registered Health Information Management Administrator (RHIA) or Registered Health Information Technologist (RHIT)
- Certification as a Certified Health Data Analyst (CHDA)
- Certification as a Certified Professional in Health Informatics(CPHI)
- A minimum of 5 - 7years of directly related work experience (including data management and analysis). Minimum of one yearexperience with business intelligence tools.
- Experience with database design, database queries and writing scripts required.
- Experience with HIM application support
- 7 - 10 years of directly related work experience with data management and analysis.
- Experience in Health Information Management field or other health care clinical or business field.
- Tableau and Alteryx knowledge and experience
- Project Management experience
- Writing business requirements
- SQL knowledge and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Strong trouble-shooting, data extract, and analysis are necessary for implementation and support.
Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in written form, with people at all levels of the organization.
Proficient computer skills necessary in order to perform the tasks required, including performance at the intermediate-level for database design, database queries and spreadsheet applications.
Ability to generate a quality work product in a timely manner while maintaining a strong attention to detail.
Ability to work collaboratively with diverse groups and to effectively persuade and lead individuals/groups toward consensus.
Ability to deal with conflicting interests and to resolve situations effectively.
Advanced analytical skills in areas of data management, analysis, and planning combined with the ability to form meaningful conclusions and present complex data in an understandable format.
Ability to balance and prioritize tasks across multiple projects and initiatives
Ability to understand user needs and perspectives.
Demonstrated knowledge of the fundamentals of health care organization and administration, and laws applicable to healthcare management.
Maintains professional development and growth through journals, professional affiliations, seminars, and workshops to keep abreast of trends in information technology and healthcare.
Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of electronic health information systems and other related hospital information systems such as Epic
Job Number: 16008682