Hastings Mutual currently has an opening for a Data Analyst. The individual in this role will primarily support data collection and provision to the business units, work with data modelers in ensuring that business data model(s) properly represent business needs, in addition to creating mapping and transformation specifications for ETL developers, while ensuring the formal documentation and recording of the associated metadata required by data governance.
Reporting to the Data and Architectural Services Manager, this role will be based at our Hastings, Michigan corporate headquarters.
- Provides Data Mapping, Data Profiling, Data Balancing, and Data Documentation associated with any data effort that moves information from a source system (System of Record) to a target system (Data Repository).
- Assists the business with data studies, making recommendations on the data sets to use, how to use them, and assisting with the use of various data analysis tools.
- Assists the business in developing data quality measures and identifying and defining data quality improvement opportunities.
- Partners in the collaboration between analysts, developers, system owners, quality assurance, business process owners, and data governance in the testing of new and changed data elements and services.
- Works with project management staff in defining data project milestones and resource needs.
- Keeps current with the technologies that have potential impact on company information processes, identifying opportunities and making recommendations for changes and/or additions to the data analystâ€™s toolbox â€“ including changes in best practice and methodologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Business, Economics or related field or equivalent experience with emphasis on research and data analysis.
- Five years of experience using technology in data analysis projects or in projects that dealt with business data flows.
- Demonstrated understanding of the information needs and processing flows of a property/casualty insurance company.
- Experience with the phases of a project and general knowledge of project management.
- Possesses an understanding of various computing environments including mainframe, client-server and internet platforms.
- Demonstrated excellent civility, oral and written English communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality, follow directions, and use good judgment in an environment that can be ambiguous and time sensitive.