Started in 1933, Green Bay Packaging Inc. (GBP) is a privately owned, vertically integrated company consisting of corrugated container plants, folding cartons, recycled and virgin linerboard mills, pressure-sensitive label rollstock, specialty converting operations, timberlands, and a sawmill facility. Headquartered in Green Bay, Wisconsin, Green Bay Packaging Inc. employs more than 4,000 team members and operates over 30 facilities in 14 states each with a dedication to innovative development of its products and forestry resources, with a focus on safety, quality, sustainability, and continuous improvement. For more information about Green Bay Packaging
The Green Bay Packaging Data Analyst position is an onsite Information Technology position that is responsible for all elements involved with the design, development, testing, implementation, and maintenance of data reporting systems and tools. The Data Analyst is charged with assisting in architecting the data warehouse and enterprise reporting structures. They take multiple diverse data sources and combine them to fulfill the company standard and ad-hoc reporting requirements. Additionally, the Data Analyst position provides design specifications for EDI mapping for purchase orders, order confirmations, advanced ship notices and invoices for various GBP customers and vendors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain interface specifications for EDI trading partnerships with GBP customers.
- The position will be responsible for support and troubleshooting of existing EDI Trading Partner setups.
- Develop and maintain a sustainable and extensible data warehouse reporting environment.
- Interface directly with key business representatives to gather and define reporting needs.
- Design and develop data security control structure.
- Develop and run a variety of enterprise level ad-hoc and standard reports.
- Determine and implement report delivery mechanisms.
- Troubleshoot and resolve data problems.
- Create and maintain both end-user and IT department documentation.
- Train others in the use of pre-defined reports and ad-hoc reporting.
Qualified candidates will have 4+ years of IT industry experience with a minimum of 2 years of related experience designing and developing data warehouse solutions, SQL database design and Microsoft SQL server. Experience with the Microsoft BI Platform is preferred. Strong technical background in database administration and development is a must.Education Required:
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Management, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.Travel Required:
- Strong understanding of database structures, design, and reporting techniques required. Fluent in the creation of complex reports, scripts, and stored procedures.
- Analytical ability to gather and interpret requirements and then utilize those requirements to develop, recommend and implement reporting solutions.
- Must display good verbal and written communication skills. Have the ability to work directly with business users and software vendors on problems and projects.
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues clearly and effectively to any audience.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to organize work respond to changing priorities and multitask
In addition to a competitive wage, the selected candidate will enjoy an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, prescription drug, STD, LTD, and company matching 401(k).