The position requires a detail-oriented and organized individual who will conduct data programming, management, data documentation, and statistical analysis activities for urban health-focused projects. This position will act as the analyst and data manager for multiple projects and be responsible for implementing statistical analysis plans and aiding in drafting manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals. The position will involve analysis of datasets related to health inequalities in US cities, the exploration of the role of scaling in health outcomes across cities of the US and Latin America, the creation of small area estimates and assess disparities of cancer-related outcomes from survey, mortality rates, and life expectancy and test for associations with neighborhood-level features cross-sectionally and time trends; help develop and analyze surveys for assessment of cancer and chronic disease risk. This position will also assist with statistical analyses, programming, and data management as needed for additional projects as funding is obtained.
The position is based at the Urban Health Collaborative (UHC) at the Dornsife School of Public Health. The Data Analyst will work closely with the study Principle Investigators and Research and Data Core leads of both the Health Consequences of Urban Scaling and the Community IMPACT studies, as well as other urban health studies housed at UHC as needed.
- Masters degree in statistics, biostatistics or related quantitative field.
- 2+ years experience managing and analyzing data for complex multisite research.
- Very detail oriented, extremely organized, and comfortable with multitasking.
- Possess excellent oral, written, analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced data compilation and data management skills.
- Team oriented and experienced working with diverse groups of investigators, trainees, and students.
- Knowledge of SAS, Stata, and/or R, working knowledge or ability to quickly learn other statistical programs as needed.
- Experience with complex analyses including longitudinal, multilevel, and Bayesian methods; experience with spatial analyses highly desirable.
- Experience drafting methods and results sections for manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals.
- Implement statistical analysis plans to understand health inequalities at the city level in US cities
- Implement statistical analysis plans to understand the scaling properties of health outcomes and their determinants in cities of the US and Latin America
- Implement statistical analysis plans including small area estimation, survival analyses, multilevel and longitudinal analyses.
- Assist in acquisition of data from government agencies and other sources, including data cleaning and checking data quality as needed
- Assist investigators in survey development and implementation
- Develop and maintain detailed documentation for data cleaning, linkage, storage, and analyses of study data.
- Aid in preparation of abstracts and manuscripts for peer-reviewed journals
- Assist students, postdoctoral fellows, and other trainees with various data and analytic aspects.
- Other duties as assigned.