The Data Analyst independently owns cross functional processes, databases, systems and data compliance for Master Data. This role leads efforts to define, coordinate, and oversee master data process improvement which encompasses implementing new systems to support the cross functional business. The Data Analyst will trouble shoot database errors in efforts to resolve system errors without outside support.
- Use statistical methods to identify areas for operational improvement and make suggestions for streamlining processes.
- To interact with internal team members to deliver and process data in response to inquiries, issues, and needs for software, procedures, and services
- Managing and designing the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata.
- Mapping and tracing data from system to system in order to solve a given business or system problem
- Identify areas for operational improvement and make suggestions for streamlining processes
- Troubleshoot and provide business requirements for complex technical problems and processes
- Design and create data reports and reporting tools
- Identify, document and analyze business rules that govern the implementation of business processes and data
- Subject matter expert in multiple master data processes and applications
- Providing technical expertise on data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing.
- Update and develop policies and procedures in alignment with enterprise information management policies to drive operational efficiencies and standardization for data management.
- Assessing tests and implementing new or upgraded software and assisting with strategic decisions on new systems.
- Maintain alignment with business process strategies through interaction with functional business process owners.
- Research and collect data to assist with product development and analysis.
- Troubleshooting the reporting database environment and reports.
- Oversight and technical support of end-to-end product data processes related to product launch and ongoing maintenance.
- Perform data analysis of key problem areas to assist in root cause analysis.
- Collaborates with Catalog Manager, Product Management and accounts to identify additional data standards/attributes.
- Support Acquisition team on ensuring that current system and processes can account for new businesses.
- B.S. degree in IT/Business Management, or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of relative work experience
- Proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst
- Experience with managing large volumes of data and ensuring quality of data.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledgeable of master data management strategies and best practices.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages (Business Objects etc), databases (SQL etc), SAP, Winshuttle
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with an ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others and gains understanding.