Looking to hire a Dataflow Analyst with experience analyzing current and future system architectures. The ideal candidate will have experience supporting very large, data intensive environments. Please review the following position duties and requirements.
Job Duties (include but not limited to):
· Maintain, monitor, and support complex, mission-critical software systems in an operational 24x7 enterprise environment
· Develop Linux scripts to automate, monitor, and deploy system components.
· Maintain large and complex program/system; analyze program logic and logistics; improve efficiency; prepare program documentation.
· Provide clear documentation and standard operating procedures for processes used to maintain the flow of data within the Data Flow environment.
· Implement new systems and system upgrades into the production environment.
· Provide troubleshooting for any developed software running in the clustered environment.
· Provide off-hour, on-callsupport (on a rotating basis with Team members).
· Interact with system stakeholders to field questions on operational configuration, system performance and application support.
· Support integration testing of weather model implementations or upgrades of the numerical model production suite.
Job Qualifications (include but not limited to):
· Experience with weather or satellite operations
· Intermediate knowledge of Linux/Unix operating system
· Willingness to perform rotational on-call24x7Support
· Experience with Linux/Unix scripting including shell scripting, Perl, and/or Python
· Working knowledge of procedural computer languages, such as FORTRAN, C/C++ and Python
· Strong communication skills, both written and oral
· Ability to work independently on complex tasks.
· Strong organizational skills
· Expert knowledge of Linux/Unix operating system
· Experience with scientific data dissemination and observation systems
· Experience with numerical modeling principles
· Experiencesupporting a 24x7 mission-critical system
· Experience with change management tools such as Subversion, Bugzilla, Redmine, Git
· Experience with monitoring tools, such as Big Brother