At Spire, we believe energy exists to help people. To enrich their lives, grow their businesses, advance their communities. It’s a simple idea, but one that’s at the heart of our business. We’re dedicated to understanding our customers’ needs and goals to better serve them today and tomorrow. That’s why we’re always looking for driven, collaborative people to join our team. Because we believe that offering our customers the best service means bringing together the best people.
We value safety, inclusion, and integrity. We connect to people, get the job done, and leave a memory and everything about our culture comes back to one thing: a handshake at the front door. We have 4 essential behaviors that show how the Spire culture comes to life:
Living Spire Behaviors
- We Collaborate: We reach across boundaries to connect with each other and deliver on our promises. We put teamwork first, knowing that our collective energy makes us stronger.
- We Care: We create good memories by treating people how we want to be treated: We are inclusive, respectful and kind. We actively create a caring culture that feels like a handshake at the front door.
- We Advance: We are active learners who never stop looking for ways to innovate and improve ourselves, and our company. We embrace ongoing development and process improvement with passion and tenacity.
- We Have Perspective: We strive to gain additional perspective about Spire’s business and the ever-changing energy industry. We know that every employee plays an important role in Spire’s success, and we give our best to better understand how to help move the company forward.
Spire is seeking a Continuous Improvement Data Analyst to work in the 700 Market, St. Louis, Missouri office. This position provides the unique opportunity to become a part of a dynamic, maturing Continuous Improvement team; focused on developing standards, governance and awareness for Project Management, Lean Management and Change Management analytics and benchmarking on an Enterprise-wide level. The selected individual will be responsible for benchmarking, measurement of project results, empirical reasoning and will be empowered to focus on value creation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Measure benchmarks and other quantifiable metrics before, during and after a project to show that expected outcomes were achieved
- Develop predictive models for operational performance based on process improvement opportunities
- Summarize written findings, publicize results, and participate and share with senior leadership, as appropriate
- Lead the interpretation of data to identify significant differences, relationships, and trends in data, as well as factors that could affect the results of research
- Serve as an active participant on cross-functional project teams and provide guidance and training to teams in asking appropriate questions, interpreting data, and translating into action
- Assist with developing synergies across all operations
- Leverage and influence Spire-wide reporting and analytics capabilities to maximize team usage and opportunities for efficiency
- Actively monitors the competitive landscape to understand how performance compares to industry benchmarks
- All other duties as assigned
Essential Characteristics and Competencies
- Recognize problems, systematically gather information, sort through complex issues, understand consequences of decisions, seek input from others
- Ability to think critically and cross-functionally
- Ability to use checkpoints and processes to measure results
- Ability to self-motivate; a self-directed learner
- Ability to set challenging and productive goals
- Ability to lead by example, define roles/responsibilities and create standards for an evolving department
Required Education: (may include certifications, licenses and registrations)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University in an analytical field (ie. Engineering, IT, Business, Economics, Statistics) preferred
- MBA or M.S. in an analytical field, preferred
- Minimum 5 years of professional work experience in statistical or financial analysis
- Prior experience in a Continuous Improvement role is preferred; including experience applying Lean Six Sigma principles
Required knowledge, skill and abilities:
- Ability to be flexible and work under changing priorities
- Ability to interact with ease among all leadership levels within the organization
- Exceptional attention to detail is required
- Experience with SQL or other querying languages preferred
- Experience with Tableau or other data visualization programs preferred
- Superior knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is required
- Prior experience in the Energy or Utility industry is preferred
Physical demands, work environment and work schedule:
- Work is normally performed in a shared, open-office environment
- Requires some work during nonstandard business hours
- Some travel required