The Data Analyst of the Office of Transformation will work closely with the OT project managers to define, measure, and communicate value metrics and key performance indicators that connect directly to project outcomes. The projects involve many internal and external stakeholders across many of the functional and service areas in CCHS. The projects will involve cutting edge technologies that are changing the healthcare market. The projects will deliver value through existing process optimization and the creation of new processes and services.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with OT project managers and stakeholders to define, create, measure and monitor key metrics that drive outcomes.
- Demonstrates expertise in the use of analytical and statistical tools and techniques (e.g., hypothesis testing, statistical process control, distribution, and control charts) to identify when, where, and how to measure processes and systems and make decisions supported by data.
- Establishes and performs quality control checks for assigned databases, reports, and dashboards. Remediates issues as they are identified.
- Works side-by-side with operational units to lead transformational projects without impeding daily operations.
- Networks with other organizations for best practices and initiates change resulting in reductions in patient harm.
- Analyzes and presents detailed clinical utilization, financial and other information to support the projects (utilization rates, staffing levels, clinical outcomes, cost, etc.)
- Enhances the understandings of project/program through interactions with physicians, nurses, administrative staff and other members of the healthcare team.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's Degree required; Master's preferred
- At least five (5) years of data analysis experience
- Process improvement certification preferred (e.g. Lean Six Sigma)
- Experience with health care applications (e.g. electronic health records, preferably Cerner Millennium solutions) and associated processes
- Experience with reporting / analytic technologies such as Tableau, PowerBI, Qlikview, Alteryx, SQL (or other databases) Reporting Services, and Minitab
- Experience or knowledge of the following technologies and standards: HL7, FHIR, CCL, APIs, and web services.