Data Analyst provides analytical support to ensure that the service lines are optimized to improve outcomes. In addition to analysis of outcome measure reporting, responsibilities include supporting quality, patient safety and process improvement projects which align with the organization's strategies for optimal health, exceptional experience and organizational vitality.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Aggregation and development of clinical and operational reports to support the business in service line evaluation
- Evaluating large amounts of healthcare data to find meaningful patterns, trends, and relationships
- Monitoring data quality and analyzing data using statistical tools
- Presenting data in charts, graphs, tables and leveraging relational databases for collecting data
- Responsible for transforming the data into business information that helps inform decision making
- Ability to interpret and present the findings to the organization and key stakeholders
- Develop reports/dashboards and train others on the use of a specific analytics platforms (i.e. Tableau, PowerChart analytics), including coaching about the appropriate procedure available within the platform that will most effectively address a specific problem.
- Provide statistical support to quality and process improvement work efforts.
- Develop dashboards and scorecards using advanced visualization techniques and data capabilities such as embedding analytics in clinical and business process tools or designing dashboards tailored to strategic goals.
- Translate business requirements for dashboard data into accurate business intelligence to meets customer needs while maintaining high standards of methodological integrity.
- Demonstrate expertise in the use of analytical and statistical tools and techniques to identify when, where, and how to measure processes and systems and make decisions supported by data.
- Promote a culture of trust, open communication, innovative thinking, appropriate risk taking, continuous improvement and learning that leads to sustained results and optimal performance.
- Facilitate an environment oriented to collaboration and problem solving.
- Convey enthusiasm and strive to motivate and inspire team members.
- Communicate the results of data analytics clearly, consistently, and appropriately to stakeholders.
- Remain current with applicable regulatory requirements
- Attend meetings and in-service/educational programs and other activities as requested
- Assume personal responsibility for ongoing professional growth; exhibit a high level of professionalism; serves as a role model for staff and others in the organization
- Prepare projects for publication and external presentation
- Works with Data Management Team to develop population based report cards and population based outcome data reports.
- Maintains competency in Powerchart, PowerInsight, Tableau, Microsoft Office applications and other applications specific to duties.
- Creates ad hoc reports as directed.
- Maintains basic understanding of medical terminology and ICD-10 coding, Snomed, CPT and basic statistical analysis for reports.
- Assess appropriate inclusion/exclusion of data based on defined data dictionary; assists in evaluation of data dictionaries.
- Establishes and performs quality control checks for assigned data sources.
- Identifies issues with data collection methods and determines need for changes in data collection and management processes.
- Maintain a collaborative professional working relationship with staff, clinicians and administrative staff as necessary to gather data and evaluate care management processes.
- Maintains clear documentation and evaluation of work.
- Assures methods for evaluation of Medical Group Performance Improvement, Safety, or Patient Experience initiatives meet/exceed accreditation, certification, regulatory, and institutional standards.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient/members and staff information; compliant with HIPPA regulations.
- Seeks out peer and benchmark data for comparative analysis.
- Participates, when appropriate, on population based outcome teams to ensure data integrity and facilitate data analysis and synthesis.
- Provides or updates report cards, population based outcome data reports and other established reports on a regular basis without prompting.
- Advances knowledge of current computer software and demonstrates ability to learn and utilize new technology, concepts and software applications and assimilate them into daily work routine.
- Maintain required credentials; assume responsibility for ongoing professional growth; exhibit a high level of professionalism; act as role model for staff and others in the organization.
- Perform assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices; reports to supervisor, in a timely manner, any unsafe activities, conditions, hazards, or safety violations that may cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients and visitors.
- Performs assignments that need to be completed, even when outside the scope of routine responsibilities; adaptable to changing departmental conditions: teamworker.
SCOPE, PURPOSE, AND FREQUENCY OF CONTACTS:
- Regular/daily contact with Data Management Team.
- Frequent contact with Ambulatory and Network Quality Leadership, Service Line Leadership, Senior Leadership, and IT staff.
- Occasional contact with members of the multi-disciplinary care teams and ancillary departments as necessary to support Performance Improvement Initiatives or to achieve improvements in operational efficiencies and clinical quality.
DIRECTION/SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
Reports directly to Director, Medical Group Data Management
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Requires 4 years of experience in with clinical data for statistical analysis
- Expertise with technologies such as Tableau, Power Insight, Qlikview, Alteryx, SQL Server, Health Catalyst.
- Expertise in using electronic medical records, Microsoft applications
- Clinical or healthcare background preferred
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt preferred