The Data Analyst, reporting to the Director of Sourcing will initially be focused on assisting with building of a standardized reporting processes by utilizing historical spend data to actively analyze and report spend coverage based on actual spend. Once the initial process is built the Analyst will be responsible for managing the spend coverage analysis process, managing and distributing the weekly project update report, and assisting the Procurement team with analytical support to drive projects and develop strategies based on the outputs.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Spend Coverage Reporting
• Assist in the development of a reporting tool to capture the progress of the Procurement team’s as a means to measure departmental effectiveness
• Cleanse, normalize, categorize and cross-reference large files of raw indirect spend data, originating from multiple sources, to use in reporting, auditing and strategy development
• Own and manage the historical spend database ensuring accuracy, completeness, and the availability of data
Approved Vendor List Management
• Actively own and manage the list of approved vendors by reviewing contracts, pricing agreements, spend data and by working with other Procurement team and business unit members to understand which vendors are approved and identify unapproved spend
• Manage the project tracker report and the procurement project status report
• Ensure that the savings reporting field in each project is accurate and has gone through the approval process prior to posting as “complete”
• Provide analytical support to the Procurement team as needed which may include:
• Spend data analysis
• Market analysis
• Sourcing analysis
• Contract data management
• General analytical support
• Provide strategic data analysis insights to drive Procurement and/or company strategy decisions
Four (4) year degree or five plus (5) years of experience in a similar role required; degree with an emphasis in Mathematics, Finance, Supply Chain, or MIS preferred
Skills and Abilities
• Strong analytical skills and ability to identify key trends, root causes, and the ability to draw conclusions and propose solutions based on the evidence
• Advanced MS Excel capabilities.
• Proficiency in MS Access.
• Demonstrated proficiency in managing and manipulating very large data sets through Excel and/or Access.