Northrop Grumman seeks experienced personnel to serve as a data acquisition lead in support of a growing and dynamic research laboratory in Monterey, CA. Candidates must have previous military experience and be able to demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate with decision makers across the Department of Defense (DoD). Successful applicants must possess robust organizational habits, attention to detail, and a proactive approach to accomplishing their duties.
The data acquisition lead will:
- Supervise a team of data acquisition specialists
- Research, negotiate, procure, track and coordinate transfer of data from data providers across DoD.
- Initiate and maintain communication with data providers and project managers.
- Conduct facilitation sessions with project managers and team leads to gather data requirements and to ensure specifications are appropriate for project’s intended use.
- Be responsible for establishing and staffing data use agreements with DoD agencies and other data providers, ensuring that all required legal and procedural language is present for all datasets.
- Develop amendments, extensions, or addendums to existing agreements based on needs of projects.
- Ensure data compliance with existing project documentation and data use agreements.
- Work closely with database administrators and developers to ensure that use cases and requirements are accurately implemented.
- Coordinate and follow up with data providers, database administrators, and extract, transform, load specialists to ensure appropriate procurement, scheduling, and movement of data.
- Contribute to the upgrading of standards and best practice guidelines.
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency and manage risk through targeted negotiations
- BA/BS with 10 years of relevant experience
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Previous project management experience.
- Previous managerial or supervisory experience.
- US Citizenship is required.
- · Six Sigma/Lean Six Sigma/process improvement
- · Knowledgeable about relational databases and information technology
- · Understanding of data management and database administration best practices
- · Previous military experience
- · Sales, recruitment or procurement experience