Not Specified years
Posted 13 days ago
Our direct client is looking for an DASD Storage Administrator in Trenton, NJ.
Role and Responsibilities:
- This DASD Storage Administrator will be responsible for configuration and software maintenance and related operation concerns/problems.
- Responsible for Configuration, and maintenance of Hitachi DASD, Luminex VTL, including, but not limited to MVS Z/OS JCL and Utilities, TSO, and other third party vendor's software.
- The mainframe DASD/VTL administrator must have necessary skills and experience to perform planning and support of Z/OS Operating System and Product.
- Must be able to handle DR testing, Problem Resolutions, and Job recovery.
- Be able to report to management on projects. Have good communication skills, willing to be on call 24/7. Stay current and educated on current software.
- The ideal candidate should be a self-motivated, hands-on professional who is a team player, works well under pressure, and willing to go the extra mile to complete projects and meet client expectations.
Preference will be given to applicants with a strong working knowledge of the Hardware and Software listed below:
-- HDS G1000 (Disk)
-- Luminex CGX-FC (Tape/VTL)
-- HDS G400
-- Z/OS Operating System
-- Z/OS JCL/Utilities
-- Z/OS Catalog
-- Ca-Vantage SRM (SAMS)
- Prior experience with both DASD and TAPE Administration – Required
- Prior hands on work with DASD and Virtual Tape in a large multiple LPAR SYSPLEX environment – Required
- Prior expereince coding ACS routines – Required
- HSM experience – Required
- RMM experience – Required
- SMS experience – Required
- MVS JCL and Utilities experience – Required
- Hitachi Storage Manager experience – Required
- HUR experience – Required
- Ca-Vantage SRM (SAMS) experience – Required
- Prior experience working with Vendors for research and problem analysis – Required