White River Junction, VT
Not Specified years
Posted 275 days ago
Why is This a Great Opportunity?
Director of Dairy Industry & Community Affairs - Vermont
Provide regional oversight of community, legislative, and industry issues. Identify, monitor, and influence community, legislative and industry initiatives which impact member farms at the regional, state, and local levels and provide support to the cooperative members on issues that impact them.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the organization's primary liaison to local/state government officials, dairy specific and general agricultural organizations, universities, and others as necessary
- Manage and influence economic development efforts as they pertain to dairy in the region
- Maintain awareness of dairy industry market conditions, competitive activities, consumer issues, and general economic conditions
- Participate in industry events to promote the direction and concerns of the company at the local and regional area
- Effectively communicate and problem-solve in an intense, fast paced, and ever-changing environment
- Ensure timely communications and recommendations to senior management to aid in the decision-making process
- Communicate effectively with all related constituencies, including, company employees, the council, cooperative members, and all related industry constituencies
- In addition to serving as an advocate for, serve as a resource for dairy farmer members in the region
- Perform all duties and actions necessary to support the efficient and successful operations of the area
- The requirements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee, but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Bachelor's degree
- 7+ years of experience in agriculture or allied industries preferred
- Ability to negotiate and build consensus to support company positions
- Effective oral and written communication skills; able to present to large groups
- Strong work ethic and a self-starter
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Energized by people, versatile, driven, and adaptable
- Understanding of the dairy industry and a basic understanding of the food or beverage manufacturing industry
- Ability to manage multiple projects/initiatives, change priorities when needed, and be action-oriented
- Prioritize complex objectives, with decision criteria
- Ability to interact with all levels of management
- Professional in appearance and conduct with both employees and dairy farmer members
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Travel up to 25%
MUST be US Citizen or Perm Resident.