Plan, organize and direct production personnel in all phases of the production process to assure the facility operates in a highly efficient manner. Ensure that the products manufactured conform to Shamrock defined product quality standards, as well as Federal, State and local standards of product identity, safety and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Oversee production keeping efficiencies and bottles per minute up including assisting with change overs, shift changes, etc.
- Monitor and manage employee work schedules and coordinates breaks
- Work closely with mechanics to minimize downtime by scheduling special assignments, assist during breakdowns and be proactive with PMs
- Provide employee feedback via performance evaluations provided by the company. Mentor direct reports, identify strengths and weaknesses and manage resources accordingly.
- Plan, communicate and monitor raw material needs per production demand.
- Ensure that proper GMP & housekeeping procedures are followed plant-wide as outlined by Shamrock Quality Dept. and that the plant is ready for inspections from USDA, vendors, internal and external customers.
- Develop and maintain plant safety awareness.
- Monitor adherence to a master sanitation program and assure tasks are being completed.
- Assist in the development of standard operating procedures for production duties and lead meetings when assigned.
- Work with department heads to ensure rework is consumed in a timely manner
- Support the company’s operational priorities (UTR) by looking for ways to improve Quality, Safety and Waste Reduction/Productivity/5S. Use the company issued tools to complete the projects assigned to you.
- Must be willing to work Overnight Shifts and Other duties may be assigned.
- 5 to 10 years of production & operations management
- Bachelor's degreepreferred
- Good computer skills including MS Office experience
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of associates and teams
- Continued training/experience in 5S/Lean/World Class Manufacturing preferred
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry