The Lab Supervisor will with work with the Lab Manager and duties will include but not limited to:
- Supervising the lab operations of the Constitutional Blood Cytogenetic Department, including accurate delivery of patient results, competency assessments, continuing education, and positive morale of laboratory staff. Will attend staff and management meetings and oversee daily lab operations.
- Taking responsibility for laboratory performance criteria including:
- Deliver patient laboratory results within specified TAT.
- Monitor and ensure acceptable repeat and failure rates.
- Achieve pre-determined assay reagent and supply costs and maintain updated costs.
- Assure productivity levels in the labs are achieved and maintained.
- Monitoring daily workflow in the lab, planning / scheduling for adequate assay coverage, and troubleshooting / escalating problems, as necessary.
- Directly supervising, training, and mentoring laboratory testing staff. This includes clearly communicating expectations to staff and evaluating individual employee performance.
- Assisting with the hiring of qualified, enthusiastic employees.
- Working closely and cooperatively with the Lab Manager and other department supervisor(s), as well as Clinical Trials, R&D, and supervisors / staff in support departments.
- Overseeing clinical trials performed in the department, including direct overview of training and testing protocols for clinical trials.
- Monitoring time tracking system for employees and ensuring attendance expectations are being met.
- Otherresponsibilities as assigned by Lab Manager.
The 7,000-acre Research Triangle Park is the largest research park in the United States, and is home to over 140 organizations (Biotechnology, Pharmaceuticals, Healthcare, and Information Technology /Telecommunications) and has around 45,000 full time employees entering the Park each day. The Research Triangle itself is named for the Triangle formed by the three universities: Duke University at Durham, the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and North Carolina State University in Raleigh.
- B.A./B.S. in Cytogenetics, Biology, Medical Technology or relatable life science to include completion of 16 credit hours of Biology, 16 credit hours of Chemistry, and 3 credit hours of math required
- ASCP certification in Cytogenetics or Molecular is required.
- 7 years of experience in a Cytogenetics or Molecular laboratory at the Technologist level or above required.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a leadership capacity is highly preferred.