Summary: The Cybersecurity Training Specialist, Senior will be an expert designer of realistic cyber environments to meet the cyber objectives during Test and Evaluation events. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position)
- Support the end users and sponsors during the training events, providing clear and concise technical leadership to the supporting engineering teams to ensure smooth and effective cyber testing and training
- Responsible for assisting with the development of writing performance criteria and requirements into sound/sufficient Statement of Work and/or task orders.
- Perform or evaluate market research and trends, conditions and technological advances as they apply to the program.
- Assist with the development of source selection evaluation criteria.
- Coordinate and work with the technical experts and the contracting office to ensure project milestones are reflected in the contractual documents and project plan.
- Assist in the development of independent Government Cost Estimates.
- Responsible for assisting with the planning, preparing, and maintaining of the current acquisition plans and overall program office acquisition administration functions to include program control and tracking.
- Develops, plans, coordinates, delivers, and/or evaluates instructional cybersecurity content using various training methods, tactics, tools, and techniques.
Non-Essential Duties: Other duties as assigned Supervisory Responsibilities:N/A Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Information Technology, or related and applicable cyber certifications.
- Years ofExperience: 6–8
- Experience at conducting cyber exercises, working through the planning process and coordinating with end users, event sponsors, and partner infrastructure providers in a collaborative fashion to ultimately provide realistic cyber training environments that meets customer needs.
- Experience at conducting cyber test events, working through the planning process and coordinating with end users, event sponsors and system developers in a collaborative fashion to ultimately provide realistic cyber test environments that meets customer objectives.
- Experience working with US CYBERCOM and other DoD cyber training organizations.
- Experience in defensive and offensive cyber Tactics, Techniques and Procedures.
- Experience in defensive and offensive cyber techniques to effectively design red team and blue team support plans during a test event
- Experience working with Programs of Record during all phases of the acquisition process, focusing on development, test and evaluation
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level III/IAM Level II compliant (i.e. CISSP)
- TS/SCI clearance required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to build and assess network and software systems architectures.
- Understanding and appropriate application of network sensors and traffic generation tools as applied toward training cyber environments.
- Expert designer of realistic cyber environments to meet training cyber objectives
- Ability to design cyber training events, skilled at decomposing training objectives and MSELs into network design features.
- Must be able to independently work with customers and end-users, inferring cyber environment requirements and resulting design documents and then communicating and leading the build-out of the desirednetworks.
- Willingness to travel to customer sites.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to build and assess network and software systems architectures
- Understanding and appropriate application of network sensors and traffic generation tools as applied to support customer objectives during test events
- Understanding and application of security procedures (RMF) in cyber range operations
- Knowledge of government contract management and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management implementing best practices.