True software development is a team sport. To shape applications/systems, the Cybersecurity Systems Engineer will need to leverage and utilize company SMEs, in addition to personal experience and expertise, to create the 'ah-ha' moments with clients. We are looking for a passionate, driven, and dynamic individual who wants to have a meaningful impact. Leverage experience with architecting, designing, and building medium– to large–scale enterprise systems, including infrastructure and data center transformation. Apply expertise in a broad variety of enterprise computing infrastructure and public or private Cloud computing technologies. Maintain responsibility for performing evaluations of technology standards, tools, products, and solutions, including making rational design decisions from business and technical perspectives and communicating recommendations. Define guidelines and recommendations based on leading industry practices tailored to the client’s needs and infrastructure. Define the technical strategy of a system, work closely with all stakeholders to vet technology decisions that support product capabilities, and guide them successfully through execution.
The successful candidate will;
• Review certification and accreditation (C&A) documentation, providing feedback on completeness and compliance of its content • Perform system installation, configuration maintenance, account maintenance, signature maintenance, patch management, and troubleshooting of operational IA and CND systems
• Apply system security engineering expertise in one or more of the following to : system security design process; engineering life cycle; information domain; cross domain solutions; commercial off-the-shelf and government off-the-shelf cryptography; identification; authentication; and authorization; system integration; risk management; intrusion detection; contingency planning; incident handling; configuration control; change management; auditing; certification and accreditation process; principles of IA (confidentiality, integrity, non-repudiation, availability, and access control); and security testing.
• Advocate and recommend system-level solutions to resolve security requirements. Monitors and suggests improvement to IA policy. Interact with customers, IT staff, and high-level corporate officers to define and achieve required IA objectives. Provide the Government assistance to ensure that the architecture and design of information systems are functional and secure, including program of record systems and special purpose environments with platform IT interconnectivity. Provide expert guidance and work product evaluation to one or more security engineers that support Engineering teams for the design, development, implementation, evaluation, and/or integration of secure networking, computing, and enclave environments.
• Participate as the primary security engineering representative on engineering teams for the design, development, implementation, evaluation, and/or integration of secure networking, computing, and enclave environments. Participate as the primary security engineering representative on engineering teams for the design, development, implementation, evaluation, and/or integration of IA architectures, systems, or system components. Support the Government in the enforcement of the design and implementation of trusted relationships among external systems and architectures. Apply knowledge of IA policy, procedures, and workforce structure to design, develop, and implement secure networking, computing, and enclave environments. Support security planning, assessment, risk analysis, and risk management. Identify overall security requirements for the proper handling of Government data. Interact with the customer and other project team members. Perform certification and accreditations by reviewing documentation and providing recommendations.
• Because this position is with a US Federal Agency requiring the ability to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance, only U.S. Citizens are eligible.
-BA or BS degree in CS or a related field
-3-8+ years of experience working with development teams in a cybersecurity/information security capacity
-Experience with DOD and/or NIST Risk Management Framework.
Cyber-Security Workforce (CSWF) Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level II preferred
-Applicable cybersecurity certifications and training.
-Ability to work directly with technologies in a hands–on manner preferred
-Possession of excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills
-Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills