Having a career at Esterline is more than just working. Esterline employees work on what makes the world move forward and makes a difference. From the production of improved cockpit display equipment, which help pilots do their job, to the design of lifesaving medical equipment, we manufacture the essential components of some of the largest programs in the space industry, defense industry and other high-end markets
Join a united team to advance the next generation of technology and products.
Working within a team composed of software, firmware and hardware engineers, the System Engineer will define the necessary architecture to provide isolation of multiple level of security information and support the accreditation of the system with government agencies. The system engineer will work with the engineering team to support the development and integration of the system through verification and validation, will work with DERs and other government officials to obtain safety and security certifications.
This position is a customer-facing role requiring good interpersonal skills essential to learn the customer’s needs and capture those needs in clear requirements, traceable all the way down to test results to show compliance and support verification and validation of the system.
- Design high level system architecture supporting security isolation, security accreditation, and safety certification.
- Technical ownership of system design, security architecture, system certification and accreditation.
- Customer requirements capture and analysis, including review of the Customer Statement of Work and design needs. Close interaction with the Customer and Customer’s Information Security departments is expected.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for security-related aspects of the various system lifecycle.
- Development and support of technical documentation.
- Work in an Agile / Scrum development environment within a team of committed professionals.
- Bachelor of Electrical or Computer Engineering; advanced degrees or equivalent experience.
- Experience with software development based on COTS Real-Time Operating system such as Wind River / DDC-I / Green Hills; experience with partitioning system design.
- System design to protect against Common Vulnerabilities. Perform security evaluations and identify specific modifications to improve the system’s security posture.
- Cyber Security certification / accreditation.
- Network Security experience with knowledge of various data bus / associated protocols and engineering techniques used to securely transport data between multiple endpoints.
- Avionics Industry Standards (ARP-4754A, ARP-4761, DO-178C, DO-254, DO-326A, DO-355, DO-356)
- Knowledge of network-related ARINC specifications, project papers, and reports: ARINC-429 ARINC-811, ARINC 822A, ARINC 842, ARINC 852.
- Secure wireless communications
Req ID 16022BR_EN