General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Cybersecurity Supervisor to support our Systems Cybersecurity group at General Atomics – ASI in Poway, CA.
With limited direction, this position exercises considerable latitude in determining, planning, coordinating and executing information assurance and cybersecurity requirements and objectives for all systems and platforms developed within GA-ASI Engineering. This position will function in a managerial and project leadership role providing personnel supervision and direction to an experienced professional staff. Formulates plans, typically long term, for solution(s) development, documentation, and deployment, as well as meeting various compliance, reporting, and accreditation standards. Qualified candidates must be experienced in all aspects of cybersecurity to include security design assessments of hardware and software, vulnerability testing and analysis, STIG compliance, security documentation preparation, management of subcontractors, and project engineering functions. The diverse and challenging projects will provide an environment for those with the ability to approach problems from different viewpoints to succeed. The candidate will collaborate with highly motivated and intelligent problem solvers from all engineering disciplines and backgrounds to coordinate the work to obtain accreditations and ATOs for multiple software and hardware configurations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise and direct the work of a team of Cybersecurity engineers and oversee their output for consistency and accuracy
- Plan and schedule work assignments for the team. Monitor project schedules, timelines and deliverables using standard project management tools and engineering systems
- Perform personnel supervision and managerial duties including Performance Review and Appraisal, Career Planning & Development, Training & Growth and Team and Workplace Environment Development.
- Define individual accountability and milestones to meet project objectives. Communicates performance expectations and provides assistance to resolve problems encountered by the team.
- Develops and champions Cybersecurity best practices and processes within the organization.
- Responsive to information technology guidelines, policies and directives.
- Oversees implementation of security patches and alerts for all host software and hardware.
- Develop technical reports of findings and communicate results through technical presentations to engineering staff, management and customers.
- Provide direction and oversight for cybersecurity team at regular stakeholder meetings such as scan/accreditation events, design reviews and technical interchange meetings.
- Participate in continual improvement of cybersecurity processes. Define and maintain metrics to measure performance and predict future effort.
- Develop rough order of magnitude or detailed estimates for new work based on historical data and past performance.
- Provide support for proposals/white papers and customer interface.
- Represent the Company as the prime technical contact to the customers and/or government regulatory agencies.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations, and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- 'Performs other duties as assigned.
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree, Master's degree or PhD in Engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; nine or more years of experience with a bachelor's degree, seven or more years of experience with a master's degree, or four or more years with a PhD. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Preferred industry experience in one or more of the following areas: information assurance, cybersecurity, systems engineering, and personnel/project management.
- Possesses strong understanding of networking, encryption, firewalls, antivirus, FISMA, DIACAP and/or RMF requirements.
- Must have a thorough understanding of engineering concepts, principles, codes and theory; experience demonstrating a broad application of those concepts and expanding knowledge of principles, concepts, theory and practices in related technical specialties.
- Preferred certifications for the position include:
- CISSP (Certified Information System Security Professional)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP)
- CISSP/ISSAP or ISSEP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) (Information Systems Security Architecture Professional (ISSAP) or Information Systems Security Engineering Professional (ISSEP) - highly preferred)
- CompTIA Security+
- CompTIA Network+
- Good communication, computer, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required, as well as the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Familiarity with Government guidelines, regulations and certification for airworthiness, system/software safety, information assurance and cybersecurity is desirable.
- Must have an active security clearance. US citizenship is required.
- Able to work extended hours as required.
- Willing to travel up 25%