The Telecommunications division is currently looking for a cybersecurity specialist for its Montreal office to secure the systems of its customers in Canada, the United States and Europe.
What will be your contribution to the team?
- In accordance with industry best practices, write technical policies and procedures for IT security for clients;
- Evaluate the IT security controls in place and write reports on corrective actions to mitigate technical risks;
- Configure devices such as firewalls, intrusion detection systems (DS), Active Directory servers, DNS servers, file servers, workstations, etc., in accordance with customer security policies ;
- Develop and implement effective patch management procedures to meet customer needs;
- Configure customers' security information and event management (SIEM) system and implement effective procedures to manage security logs and incidents;
- Take advantage of the customer identity and access management (IAM) solution, implement effective access control procedures;
- Strengthen the operating system of different computer systems;
- Securely configure wireless access points;
- Perform internal vulnerability scans to detect potential security vulnerabilities;
- In cooperation with customer suppliers, deploy effective malware protection solutions;
- Evaluate the appropriate tools to support the network / security operations function; and
- Participate in security compliance audits if necessary.
What are we looking for?
- University degree in computer science, engineering, cybersecurity or other equivalent program;
- At least 10 years of practical experience in IT security;
- Strong writing and presentation skills (English);
- Analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Knowledge of Windows and UNIX operating systems and networking protocols;
- Hands-on experience configuring security devices such as firewalls, Network Access Control (NAC) servers, SIEM systems and IAM solutions;
- Strong working knowledge of encryption key management systems and processes (PKI, VPN, hard drive encryption, etc.);
- Strong working and demonstrated knowledge of security and network technologies;
- Good working knowledge of IT security standards (ISO 27001, NIST 800-53, etc.);
- Experience in IT security risk assessment;
- Strong technical and analytical skills, and the ability to operate quickly and efficiently under pressure;
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- GIAC and CISSP certification
- Familiar with NERC CIP standard
- Cisco Security Certification
- Familiar with the use and configuration of risk management and compliance tools
- Bilingual (French and English)