Performs all necessary duties to ensure the safety of digital assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access. Provides input to solutions to identified needs, meeting specific operational and business objectives, technology capabilities. Provides technical expertise and support to clients, IT management, and staff in risk assessments, implementation, and operational aspects of appropriate Cybersecurity procedures and products. Assists with maintaining ongoing service relationships throughout the organization.
- Monitors specific Cybersecurity solutions for efficient and appropriate operations.
- Collaborates on IT projects to ensure that security issues are addressed throughout the project life cycle.
- Researches and assesses new threats and security alerts and recommends remedial action.
- Key participant with Cybersecurity projects, including planning, obtaining customer input and projecting resource requirements.
- Ensures that Analysts receive and analyze alerts from various enterprise level sensors and determine possible causes of such alerts.
- Reviews security system requirements with customers and translates requirements into specific functions or deliverables.
- Analyzes and integrates security solutions into multiple platforms, including clinical and financial systems
- Analyzes flow chart processes and recommends ways to reduce steps and increase efficiency through use of technology.
- May coach or provide guidance to lower-level Cybersecurity Analysts and supports the continuous process of optimizing department resources.
- Communicates security procedures and policies with caregivers.
- Weighs business needs against security concerns and articulate issues to Cybersecurity peers.
- Defends systems against unauthorized access, modification and/or destruction
- Provides after-hours support.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Epic Application Security Build experience,
- Epic Security Certification
- Experience with EMP, ECL, E2R, Template, SER, Jxport and Data Courier is highly preferred
- Data Courier Badge and SER Badge
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology/Computer Science or related field preferred.
- A High School diploma/GED required.
- Certifications from SysAdmin, Audit, Network and Security Institute (SANS), International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium (ISC2) or Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) or other position related certifications preferred.
- For Information Technology Division caregivers, ITIL Foundations certification is required within 6 months of position start date.
Complexity of Work:
- Understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts.
- Requires familiarity with domain structures, user authentication mechanisms and fundamental cryptography.
- Has In-depth knowledge of intrusion detection and data correlation.
- Practical knowledge of network topology and the underlying OSI model.
- Understands principles of client/server configuration.
- Excellent knowledge of security technology and strong analytical skills.
- Strong analytical, administrative, presentation, and project management skills are required.
- Must have strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- High School Diploma/GED: A minimum or 7 years of Information, Clinical or Financial Systems experience required, including directing, planning and scheduling a major information system project, with at least 3 years of Cyber Security experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree: A minimum or 5 years of Information, Clinical or Financial Systems experience required, including directing, planning and scheduling a major information system project, with at least 3 years of Cyber Security experience.
- Requires the ability to sit and be stationary for prolonged periods of time, normal or corrected vision and manual dexterity sufficient to perform work on a personal computer.
- Requires the ability to walk to various locations throughout the organization and to function in a stressful environment.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Keywords: Epic Application Security, Epic Security Certification, Epic Security Cert, EMP, ECL, E2R, Template, SER, Jxport, Data Courier