The Boeing Company is looking for a highly motivated Cybersecurity Specialist (Level 3) to join our Enterprise Government Cybersecurityteam located in St. Louis, MO.
The candidate will rely on their cybersecurity and Information Assurance (IA) background to support Boeing customers in meeting Joint Special Access Program (SAP) Implementation Guide (JSIG), Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) and
National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) requirements.
Your duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Rely on their cybersecurity and technical background to perform security analysis of operational and development environments, threats, vulnerabilities and internal interfaces to define and assess compliance with accepted industry and government standards
- Contribute to the Authorization and Assessment (A&A) process under the Risk Managed Framework (RMF) for new and existing information systems, to include facilitating Memorandums of Understanding (MOU), Interconnection Security Agreements (ISA), Risk Acceptance Letters (RAL) and Continuous Monitoring (CONMON)
- Conduct compliance review of operating systems (i.e., Windows, Linux, and Solaris) to governing requirements
- Assess test/analysis data to document state of compliance with security requirements
- Conduct risk assessments and investigations, execute appropriate risk mitigations, and oversee incident response activities
- Interface with the appropriate government customers, suppliers, and company personnel to implement protective mechanisms and to ensure understanding of and compliance with cybersecurity requirements
Expectations for candidate include:
- Communication Skills: The candidate should have demonstrated leadership qualities, strong verbal/written communication skills, communicate clearly at both one-on-one and group levels, communicate with team leaders, managers and internal employees in the decision-making process to obtain needed information, make the most appropriate decisions, and ensure buy-in and understanding of resulting decisions.
- Task Management Skills: The candidate is expected to proactively determine project or assignment requirements by breaking them down into tasks and identifying types of equipment, materials, and people needed. The candidate consistently and proactively identifies more critical and less critical activities and assignments and effectively adjust priorities when appropriate.
- Team Coordination Skills: The candidate is expected to set high expectations for oneself, has the courage to raise the bar continuously. The candidate hold oneself and others accountable for continuous improvement and communicate expectations directly, openly and effectively. The candidate conveys sense of purpose and mission that motivates others, maintains direction, and balances big-picture concerns with day-to-day issues. The candidate guide others in creating relevant options for addressing problems/opportunities and achieving desired outcomes.
- Base of Knowledge Skills: The candidate must have complete knowledge of verification, validation, certification and qualificationprocesses and procedures, including knowledge of current governing regulations and compliance requirements; advanced level of understanding and proficiency in the use of networking computing hardware and software applications; extensive knowledge of processes and tools needed to maintain, archive, and retrieve digital files; as it relates to cybersecurity, ability to read and understand contracts, Statements of Work (SoW), and DD-254s.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world
OFFICE OF INT GOVERNCE
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position requires an active Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (Note: A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24months is considered active.)
Basic Qualifications (Required) –
- Active Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance, adjudicated within the past 6 years
- Possess the following IAM Level 1 DoD 8140.01 (previously 8570.01) or higher Certifications: CAP, GSLC, and Security + CE
- Applicants must include the following on their resume: IAM Level certification, Security Clearance level, and SSBI adjudication date
- Experience working with at least one of the following policies to include: ICD-503, NISPOM, JSIG and NIST 800 series special publications
- Experience in assessing and documenting test or analysis data to show cybersecurity compliance
- Demonstrated knowledge of processes and tools to maintain, archive, sanitize, and retrieve digital files
- Experience with Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP), Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) and NESSUS
- Demonstrated experience with performing security compliance monitoring and security policy assessments / audits
Typical Education / Experience
Technical bachelor's degree and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree with typically 3 or more years' or a PhD degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four yeardegree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.