We have multiple openings for experienced Cybersecurity Software Engineers to work on projects that cover a range of systems, applications, technologies, and research in areas with critical national security interest. You will develop and integrate software, hardware, networks and data to address challenging research and development problems in cybersecurity. This position is within the Global Security Computing Applications Division (GS-CAD) of the Computation Directorate, matrixed to the Global Security Directorate.
These positions will be filled at either the SES.2 or SES.3 level depending on your qualifications. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if you are selected at the higher level.
- Collaborate with scientists and researchers on moderately complex problems in cybersecurity to bring research results to practical use in our Global Security programs.
- Analyze cybersecurity requirements for new and existing projects
- Develop cybersecurity software solutions to address program and sponsor requirements.
- Provide input on cybersecurity technologies, applications, and/or threats for existing projects and sponsors.
- Recommend cybersecurity tools, methods, and technologies to implement solutions to benefit national security
- Design, implement, deploy, and maintain advanced cybersecurity technologies for critical infrastructure and other nationally-important systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
In Addition, at the SES.3 Level
- Collaborate with developers and mid-level management, often representing the organization as the primary technical contact, sharing relevant knowledge, opinions, and recommendations to fulfill deliverables as a team.
- Solve abstract complex problems, creating complex and dynamic algorithms/software modules.
- Provide solutions that require in-depth analysis of multiple factors and the creative use of established and/or innovative methods.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of networking and network protocols, compilers, malware/software analysis, reverse engineering, virtualization, vulnerabilities, incident response, cryptography, red-teaming, and/or systems programming.
- Broad experience developing software applications in C++, C, or Python
- Broad experience in software engineering practices and object-oriented programming concepts
- Broad experience with UNIX/Linux
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage concurrent technical tasks with conflicting priorities, to approach difficult problems with enthusiasm and creativity and to change focus when necessary, with experience working independently.
- Proficient verbal, written, and interpersonal skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a multi-disciplinary team environment and present and explain technical information.
In Addition at the SES.3 Level
- Advanced analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills to develop creative solutions to complex problems.
- Significant experience in networking and network protocols, compilers, malware/software analysis, reverse engineering, virtualization, vulnerabilities, incident response, cryptography, red-teaming, and/or systems programming.
- Master's degree or PhD in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field.
- Experience with cybersecurity tools, such as Wireshark, IDA Pro, WinDbg, Snort, or Nmap as well as experience in data science, critical infrastructure, assembly language programming, or with cybersecurity tools such as Bro, Metasploit, OllyDbg, or The Volatility Framework.
- Experience writing research proposals and securing sponsor funding.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.