The Cybersecurity Manager will be responsible for supporting planning, supervising staff, and executing cybersecurity projects. The Cybersecurity Manager will serve as a project or team lead to ensure high-quality delivery. This position will perform work, as well as oversee the technical work of some junior level personnel. This position will work directly with other project leads, managers, and/or executives to communicate business and technical aspects of the work being performed. The Cybersecurity Manager will set performance expectations for junior level personnel and provide constructive performance feedback on a regular basis. This person may also assist the engagement economics of the projects, including budget status tracking, billing, and collection analysis.
The Cybersecurity Manager will perform the following responsibilities:
- Conduct and lead Cybersecurity Projects, including:
- Cybersecurity Strategic Advisory
- Information Security and Risk Management Consulting
- IT Risk Assessment
- Cybersecurity Assessments
- Penetration Testing
- Choose based on industry: FFIEC Cybersecurity Assessments, HIPAA Assessments, etc.
- Cloud Security Reviews
- IT Security Technology Implementations
- Prepare reports or other necessary documentation to detail results of evaluation and otherwise meet the objectives of the Project.
- Submit recommendations to client for corrective action or to support a recommend approach to solving the client’s needs.
- Participate in planning and implementing of client information systems, including structure, process, and security.
- Participate in strategic and tactical objectives to include new product offerings, identify additional client needs, and generating new business leads.
- Correspond with a variety of clients and communicate security issues, recommendations, and deliverables effectively.
- Evaluate and/or implement cybersecurity solutions and controls to ensure data security and integrity for our clients.
- Generate ideas for new cybersecurity solutions aligned with our clients evolving needs
- Bachelor's degree required, candidates must possess significant analytical skills, which likely evolved from early academic training in Cybersecurity, Information Systems, Computer Science, or similar discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of business experience in the areas of Information Security.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professionals (CISSP) or willingness to obtain
- Experience within consulting or professional services, or at leading industry public companies is preferred.
- Prior experience supervising junior level resources in the areas of Information Security.
- This position requires national travel of 60% or higher.
- Knowledge of internetworking technology.
- System and network administration experience on UNIX, Linux, and Microsoft Windows.
- Knowledge of security areas such as Auditing, Policy, Database Security, Firewall Design and Implementation, Risk Analysis, Identity Management, Access Management, or Web Services is very desirable.
- Strong writing and interpersonal communication skills.
- The ability to handle multiple projects concurrently.