Area Overview: The National Incident Response Team (NIRT), a national service provider for the Federal Reserve System, delivers effective and efficient national intrusion detection, incident response, security intelligence, threat assessment, and vulnerability assessment services for the Federal Reserve System. The mission of the National Incident Response Team is to play a leading role in the Federal Reserve System’s efforts to protect its information systems against unauthorized use.
Job Description: As the manager of NIRT’s Counter Threat Automation (CTA) team, this individual will help develop and drive NIRT’s strategy for automated security detection and response capabilities and content. These services focus on understanding the evolving threat landscape through proactive threat research resulting in new and innovative ways to automate threat detection. This includes developing and enhancing automated content, tools, and processes that optimize effectiveness and resources. Additionally, it includes engineering and integrating solutions for various workflows that aid in the incident response process.Required Skills: The candidate should possess in-depth knowledge and understanding of a breadth of information technologies and information security topics. Specifically, this should include the following:
- Develops tactical components and strategies to achieve goals
- Leads or participates in System workgroups
- Manages improvement of processes that impact customer satisfaction and relationships
- Owns designated processes and is accountable for ensuring that established processes are followed
- Supports succession planning, including identification, assessment, development planning and review of successors
- Ability to obtain and maintain National Security Clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Expert knowledge of security issues, techniques and implications across all existing computer platforms
- Expert experience in designing and implementing security solutions
- Expert knowledge of computer network defense, computer network exploitation, cyber intelligence or systems engineering principles
- Mastery of multiple technologies, platforms, and computer network defense, computer network exploitation, incident response, computer forensics, malware reversing, cyber intelligence or systems engineering approaches
- Related security or technical certification is required
- Defines workflows and processes for enhancing the detection and response lifecycle.
- Can serve as an incident commander for high severity security incidents.
- Identifies strategic objectives and translates into actionable multi-year roadmaps.
- Leads the development and implementation of initiatives to meet priority objectives.
- Integrates innovative technology to improve data collection and analysis for strategic alignment with a security monitoring strategy.
Education/Certifications: Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Cybersecurity, Systems Analysis or a domain related field or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.